Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new '08 Honda 700xx last week. I noticed that it was easy to scuff the black plastic when throwing a leg over it. Decided that before I ride it, I would take it to a place called Clear Coat Film. They do clear bras on autos. Having all the plastic covered with it. Will get it back Sat. :xx:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thats a great idear wish we had something like that in Aus.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
shit never were thought of that....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$350 for all the plastic and leading edge of A-arms, etc. Hope to have some pics. posted next week. clearcoatfilm.com in north Dallas.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Good idea! I have a friend in NASCAR that got me some of it. I used it on the Teryx. Works great, only problem is the places that arent done looks like red raped ass while the covered parts look new! The Honda is going with the worn in look

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Good idea. With that I would ask them if it would hurt to put anything on it, like WD40, PAM, or some other oily substance, that way when you pressure wash it, the dirt comes right off.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use simple green in a pump up garden sprayer and soak them down good then come back with the pressure washer and hose them down. To finish I spray them down with tire shine. Seems to work well. The dirt comes off pretty easy. The only thing I've found that hurts the clear strips is gas and battery acid but I havent used the Pam trick in a while.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Bduncan, I use tire shine when I clean the engines on my vehicles. The foam stuff, spray it on and let it soak, turn the engine on for a min or two to warm up, open the hook back up and bam, looks like new.

Think on my next new quad (which may be soon haha) I am gonna see about the clear coat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts