Where and When

• Time Frame May-June

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that we are spread out throughout the states/world but was thinking about seeing if some of you would like to meet up sometime next year for either a weekend or longer trip, would be nice to see a face behind our member's name. Thought perhaps around Hatfield McCoy since that is central and they have so many trails to ride on but this is just a thought, perhaps we could meet up somewhere else but we need to try to keep it like 1 day's travel time to and from. Some of us are talking about heading towards Silver Lake MI and perhaps hitting some other states while heading there and back. Wish the West coast was closer because I sure would like to hit Glamis and even the Paiute trails in Utah but hey! I'll take what I can.

Would be fun seeing a whole bunch of 700XX riding together, perhaps if we have some members with good contacts with Honda and other aftermarkets dealers, we could have part of the trip sponsored, like lodging or parts, would be great advertisement for them.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah there's a club from NY organizing a trip around February, was thinking about joining up with them but it's about $1,800 all together. We'll see!

Here's their link http://www.glamistrips.com/

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Glamis?? Did I hear that some of you might want to come to my neck of the woods?
Well then, come on out to the left coast and I'll be there for sure.
Just make sure your quads are legal (spark arresters, registration, sand flags, under 96db) The 96db can be stretched a bit, but not by much. Spark arresters in the desert? There's nothing to burn! YES, spark arresters.
If your state does not require that off road vehicles be registered, you would need a non-resident permit... link below for information.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669

You would also need a permit from the BLM for Imperial Sand Dunes (actual name for area)... info link below.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcentro/recreation/ohvs/isdra.html

roadkill

·
Registered
148 Posts
Around June/July we have a group of about 30 show up at St Anthony's Dunes in Idaho...You're welcome to come join us.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You guys should really consider coming to Texas. That's pretty centrally located for everyone and I can almost promise we have some of the best riding available!

I'm not opposed to traveling... but WV is not very central lol

·
Registered
425 Posts
A group ride would be a great Idea. We should take a vote on locations.

Pictures and links to these locations all consolidated to a thread would be easy for all to decide. 2010 is coming quick...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A group ride would be a great Idea. We should take a vote on locations.

Pictures and links to these locations all consolidated to a thread would be easy for all to decide. 2010 is coming quick...
That would be great! Open for basically anywhere but need to ask my riding partners.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Around June/July we have a group of about 30 show up at St Anthony's Dunes in Idaho...You're welcome to come join us.
St Anthonys would be nice, haven't been there in years then we could hit the trails outside of Pocatello supposedly they have miles and miles of old logging roads. Sad part is that it would take 3 days to drive there and my riding buddies might not want to. We just did over 500 miles and they were all complaining about the drive but will see.

Are u all 700XX, would really like to have most of this forums members to join up anywhere, well almost anywhere.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would say any quad is invited....the location picked would most likely have other riders there for the weekend also.

Or since this is the first meet, joining another group at the same location would be great.

My first Lancer Evolution Meet was with the Southern Nevada Mustang Club at the drag strip...great guys

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Texas might be do-able for me and Idaho is certainly within my range. But, anything east of the lone star state would not be do-able... just toooo fricking far.

Whatever place is decided, I think we should also post up ALL the state and local requirements... visitor permits, rider fees, camping fees, etc. And all the details on location... exact directions to camping/staging area and so forth.

roadkill

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm with Roadkill on this one, Texas is about my limit but anywhere between CA and TX and ill be there. That is if I can get leave approved for it. THIS IS SAD, I just realized I'm making plans and don't even have one yet. It WILL happen, mark my words.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Every night we set up a 300 foot sand drag, during the day we are riding all over the place and the meals...well it's pretty much one week long tailgate food party with all the trimmings...you'll eat well. You'll see everything from custom built drag quads to stock machines. The other nice thing is we ride all week so you can come and go as your schedule allows.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Another good thing about Texas - we have no laws!!!!!! So everyone can play!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK!
Sorry about taken so long but after talking to some members, we came to the conclusion that we don't want to drive more than 1 day to our riding area which makes sense if you are only able to take 1 week off. I found another place which is in Tennessee so most people east of the Mississippi river can make it there in 1 day. Here's their link; http://www.rideroyalblue.com/trails.htm
Let me know what you think of it, as for the west coast riders, sorry but you're just too far to drive, now of course you're always welcome to join us or perhaps setup a meet with the west coast members.
Basically we are trying to keep it not more than 700 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I can make tennesse

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh! Yeah!

Forgot to ask; Has anybody been there, watch Dirt Traxx tonight and it seemed allot of fun and what time frame should be best?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Hey when is this going to take place ?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
700xxclubride

i would love to do that but i wouldnt go west of texas for just a week tenn. or hatfieldmccoy would be great since i live in southern alabama there is also some cool places to ride in alabama

1 - 20 of 49 Posts