Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

who would be interested in doing a raffle like this?

• yes lets see what we can do to make this a reality

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • no i think there would be to many issues

Votes: 7 25.9%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok couldnt sleep last night and in the darkness i came up with an idea. who here wouldnt want a little extra money to put into there xx?? heres my thought we could buy into a raffle $5 an entry pay to admins paypal account (same as getting club stickers). and at the end of the month admin does the drawing and the winner gets the money back into their paypal account. now this would take some thought an planning. we would be trusting anmin with the money and trusting them to do a fair drawing and they would have to be willing to do it as well. think about it if 100 members entered that would be a 1/100 chance at $500.
leave some feed back both good and bad please

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sounds good. I would be interested....... No cheating.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I think it would be a great idea, but to make it fair, ADMIN, or SCUZZ, or whoever it is that would be handling the money, should get a pay out as well, to make it fair on them, b/c in cases like this, the person handling the money shouldn't enter IMO. And if people get get raffle tickets, or there name on a paper, whoever is the DEALER could video themselves or someone else picking the winning ticket from a jar. Also, could talk to the sponsors of the website, see if they would want to chip in, like a hat, or shirt, stickers, something like that, and have it go to a 2nd place and 3rd place person.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why not include a charity in the raffle. Do half of the proceeds to a charity and half toward a gift certificate somewhere.

You could also try to get a sponsor who would donate some 700xx parts, gear, etc... and have that be the prize and everything else goes to charity.

I'd definitely be interested in taking part. I just think that legally it would make a lot of sense to consider the money you send in a donation and have a sponsor provide a prize for the raffle.

Thanks,

RP

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I would be interested if we do give some to a charity but don't forget that Paypal charges 3% for each transaction so if we all put in $5 then it would be $4.85 at the end. Basically in a way, Paypal would be making more money then the actuall winner. 3% each transaction...both ways

For the charity issue; whomever wins that month, we could give to one of his state's charity, this way we would look great in their respective state.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Parts would be nice also :)

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I would be interested if we do give some to a charity but don't forget that Paypal charges 3% for each transaction so if we all put in $5 then it would be $4.85 at the end. Basically in a way, Paypal would be making more money then the actuall winner. 3% each transaction...both ways

For the charity issue; whomever wins that month, we could give to one of his state's charity, this way we would look great in their respective state.
I'd like the idea of donating ALL the cash prize to charity with the winner picking the charity. The money could also go direct to the charity chosen by the winner. As for any parts or other items donated by sponsors, that would be another story. A donation of money to charity can go a long ways to improving our image and perhaps changing some minds about us and our sport. JMO

roadkill

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I'd like the idea of donating ALL the cash prize to charity with the winner picking the charity. The money could also go direct to the charity chosen by the winner. As for any parts or other items donated by sponsors, that would be another story. A donation of money to charity can go a long ways to improving our image and perhaps changing some minds about us and our sport. JMO

roadkill
This.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
187 Posts

roadkill
I like

·
Registered
538 Posts

roadkill
i second (or third) this

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Who's gonna pay postage ? Just kidding , I can spare $5 for a good cause and help out. I will enter and never want to win . If I win , I'll donate my winnings to a forum member in the US to keep costs down and make someone smile . Just my 2 pennies worth .:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think Paypal will let you open an account for charity that does not collect the fees. I've seen other people do that. We would have to check into this.

Maybe we can get some of the sponsors to chime in on this too?

This would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
So now we are raffling off a charity? lol, I'm lost

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I got a rubber cookie to donate, And some squeeze cheese.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Dam, I was hoping you wouldn't want it. Care to share?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do I get out of this?

Undying love?
scuzz you get to be a part of this i know you would like to win to and if you were in charge you couldnt win it dont look good.(will have to see if admin would do it not our moderators...or are you all one in the same??) lol
i think the charity would be a good idea to, however if you picked prizes like a new bumper or want not not as many people would do it because it would only apply to those who want and or dont have that item on there quad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts