Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any adjust you can make to the clutch other than at the handlebars? Sometimes I have to pull the clutch in and out when down shifting to get it back in first gear. Sometimes when shifting from first to reverse i have to ease the clutch out to let it slide into reverse. While idling there is also alot of noise coming from behind the clutch cover. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Yes, you can adjust on the left side of the engine where the linkage goes into the case. Having to mess with the clutch for non moving gear changes is pretty normal. What kind of noises are you hearing? Just a chunking gear noise when it finally goes in?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sometimes when shifting from first to reverse i have to ease the clutch out to let it slide into reverse.
I don't know about the rest of your post, but you should have to let the clutch out just a bit for reverse to engage. Not all the way just a tad normally

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you can adjust on the left side of the engine where the linkage goes into the case. Having to mess with the clutch for non moving gear changes is pretty normal. What kind of noises are you hearing? Just a chunking gear noise when it finally goes in?
Its like a chunking noise when in nuetral while its idling with the clutch let out.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hum...............does it change when you pull the clutch in?
yeah it does when you pull the clutch in it is quiet and doesnt make the noise im wondering if it could be the cluth basket bearing. The bike doesnt have but around a hundred miles on it. It just seems abnormally loud to me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
fix it now, i just had to change my discs, basket and bearing, still dont know why, the clutch felt fine on it, and never had an issue, it suddenly all went out and started making a knocking noise.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fix it now, i just had to change my discs, basket and bearing, still dont know why, the clutch felt fine on it, and never had an issue, it suddenly all went out and started making a knocking noise.
well the clutch still feels good its just making a knocking noise when in nuetral ill check it out this week or next week and see what the problem is

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The chattering noise from what I have done and another post is the bearing in the center of the basket is a loose fit from new. I believe (from another post) that there is an updated bearing that is a better fit.
I'll try and find the post and check else where to verify this. :D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Old part number = 91022-MB0-003
New part number= 91022-MB0-004

They have changed it and from what I remember you can change this without removing the basket.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Old part number = 91022-MB0-003
New part number= 91022-MB0-004

They have changed it and from what I remember you can change this without removing the basket.
Thanks baxter, i hope thats all thats wrong with it. HAve alot of people had problems with the clutch chattering like this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honda has discontinued part 91022-mb0-004. Does anyone know what the new part may be. Mine also makes the knocking noise when idle and is quiet when the clutch is engaged. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello
My TRX also makes that noise you are talking about, i noticed it the same day i bought it. I asked the mechanic at the shop about it, well he said that it should sound like that. Nothing wrong with the clutch, what do you guys think? Is there something wrong with it, should i change the bearing?
And if i change it will it be quiet then? Has anyone here changed it and did it help?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a bunch of clatter in mine last fall & replaced both bearings (which you can do with the basket still in place), clutch pack, etc. Don't know if it was actually the bearing or not, figured since I was in there I'd replace all of the wear items.

I found the bearing new on eBay...I found ONE available. Not sure where else to find one as everywhere else was back-ordered & eventually sent me a "sorry, no longer available.." email.

That bearing was also a part # in some other Honda on-road bike from the 80's.

Found it, same part # in:
HONDA VFR750F VFR750C 82-98 STARTER BEARING

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a CBR1000 2008 and had the same problem since the day it came out of the showroom. I don't remember the exact problem because it was years ago but Honda sent a recall out and fixed it for free. Never made the noise after that. I think it was a weak disc that could crack if I remember correctly.....might help you guys out? IDK.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine has always made the clutch rattling noise should this be something I should fix? Or will it be fine

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hate to dig up an old thread but I am having the clatter/chatter issue as well. Machine in neutral clutch out noise. Machine in neutral, clutch in, noise almost completely disappears. I have the service manual and am going to attempt fixing it after I order parts. Is there anything I should look for for when doing the install?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I hate to dig up an old thread but I am having the clatter/chatter issue as well. Machine in neutral clutch out noise. Machine in neutral, clutch in, noise almost completely disappears. I have the service manual and am going to attempt fixing it after I order parts. Is there anything I should look for for when doing the install?

Here's amother old thread. I'm sorry but I have no answer about the clutch issues. My quad never made it long enough to wear out the clutch.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14185

1 - 20 of 23 Posts