Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i noticed an iratic ticking from my motor so i started investigating, i noticed that it was not a steady tap but kinda random in pattern, when i put a stethascope on the clutch cover it was the same eratic ticking patttern so i tore it down. fter i got the discs out i can take the basket and wiggle it side to side but the free flaoting flywheel (i assume it is) that goes inside of the discs does not wobble at all, what could cause one to be tight and the other one to be loose? looking at the parts diagram there is a washer between them and the one nut holds both of them tight.

let me know your input on it, i have to get the correct size socked for the nut today.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody??

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I had clutch problems earlier in the year and found the same thing with the basket . I thought there was too much play in basket , needle bearing and centre bush. I checked it against the 450r and it did seem excessive. Ordered new basket , bearing ,bush and thrust washer only to find it was only slightly better . For some reason the tolerances on the 700xx basket seem way off.
I cured the clutch problem by adding 200cc to the 1900cc suggested by Honda and never had a problem .
Hope this helps .

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had clutch problems earlier in the year and found the same thing with the basket . I thought there was too much play in basket , needle bearing and centre bush. I checked it against the 450r and it did seem excessive. Ordered new basket , bearing ,bush and thrust washer only to find it was only slightly better . For some reason the tolerances on the 700xx basket seem way off.
I cured the clutch problem by adding 200cc to the 1900cc suggested by Honda and never had a problem .
Hope this helps .
yeah, that helps, because i took the clutch off yesterday and everything was tight, it seemes the bearing had alot of play in it but i doubt it went bad for any reason, i put it back together and y buddy said it sounds fine.im going to buy some stiffer springs for the clutch and see if that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts