Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so when i turn on the xx in neutral with the clutch in is sounds fine and as soon as i let the clutch out it starts to almost knock and is a completely different noise than when the clutch is pulled in...Any idea????

·
Registered
258 Posts
At a guess I would say there is a issue with the clutch basket bearing or basket it's self, personally I would pull the clutch cover off and check how much play there is,

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
ok so when i turn on the xx in neutral with the clutch in is sounds fine and as soon as i let the clutch out it starts to almost knock and is a completely different noise than when the clutch is pulled in...Any idea????
mine does the same thing. ive asked around and done quite a bit of research on it and everyone i talk to says its normal
mines done it from new, and still does as I have ran less than 6 full tanks though this thing.
idk about this, but personally I've never held my clutch in while starting in neutral. I would say to maybe try a better quality oil like a full synthetic.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
it may be the bearing i think honda done a recall on those and the better ones are a different part #.if it is rideable i would put fresh oil in and go until i wont go no more!:atv:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I took mine in the dealer ship, 3 times once partially for a top end ping noise, cause I noticed the same or similar noise and small vibration. when I was in neutral and then pulled the clutch in. I was assured it was"normal" but they made a note for future warranty issues as mine was about to run out. But i've had no real problems with it. Also use full syn oil, klots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts