Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do away with the parking brake and cable.I noticed a switch on the clutch lever and presume this is for starting in gear with clutch lever in.If I remove the switch will it still start but only in neutral.:confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't have the manual at my feet so I can't say for sure. But in my experience, if the switch is gone, you will only be able to start it in neutral. I installed a shorty shift lever but I'm still using the stock mount. Because of the shape of the lever, it doesn't make contact with the switch until I push it down then pull in. The only time I ever have to do that is if I stall it in gear or something like that. But anytime I get it off the trailer, it's in neutral and starts without me having to do anything.

And I wouldn't mind taking off the parking brake either...doesn't seem to do that much IMO. There's been several times I've been pushing it around and stuff before I realize the parking brake is on.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just wire the two wires together and she'll start any time.:tup: Just like the clutch is in! Had to do it on my 400ex switch went bad.:steamed: IMO its a dumb switch anyways.:birds:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Park break was the first thing I took off !!! its pointless,,, you have to take the rear break apart and remove the worm drive or the breaks can drag,,, I found a big rubber gromet to put in place of the park break drive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts