Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

3 months ago I changed my clutch, all plates + Springs, because it slips on higher Gears, and everything has worked great until a few weeks ago when it began to slip again, but now only when the engine is cold, when the engine is hot it works good.
One problem I noticed is that when I start the engine and keeps clutchhandle in with first gear, it's Seems like the clutch is not released and the machine make a jump forward and engine stops, then i can start and it's working ok , But still it's slipping on High Gears until the engine is warm, i have tryed 2 differnt OIL so i dont think thats the problem...

Someone who has had similar problems or any solutions to this wery enyoing problem, clutchkit is EBC Dirt Racer clutch with heavy duty springs.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Check the amount of play in the clutch cable, sounds like may be a bit tight also how much oil are you putting in the engine when you change?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats allready checked :) i put in 1,8 liters when i change oil + filter, i dont know if it´s the start in cold engine and when the clutch have soak together thats making it a little weaker every time?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have had some clutch problems and cured them by putting 2.1 instead of the standard 1.8 litres in when i change the oil and filter .

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sounds like maybe just not enough oil...or dirty oil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I change oil every 10 hour, so i dont think the oil is the problem, I will try to put in some more oil and see if that helps. Thanks for respond ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts