Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When idling in neutral quad has a knocking sound when the clutch is not pulled in. What would cause this?

I can get a video and post it if needed for the sound it's making.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i thinks it normal my xx dose it.. i think it just vibration going though the primary gears...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine doesnt do that at all. Its pretty quiet with the clutch in or out

·
Registered
199 Posts
mine too, and my buddies, and my brother-in-laws, think it must be normal. couldn't really say if any others make noise due to the fact that these are the only three xx's i've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
its very faint and u only can hear it when ur eather siting on it or standing on the right side....

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine does it too. I think they all do. Pay attention to the noise though because I noticed a similar noise under the gas tank and it was the valves knocking. Got them adjusted and it is a lot quieter now. Just don't ignore the noises. It could cost you in the long run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The suzuki vstrom 1000 does it to go to stormtoopers and they will explain it but it is piston slap thank about the size pf that piston and the straight up and down postion nothing to worry about I 20k hard miles on my bike never no metal in the oil same for the quad

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It's not piston slap

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it was piston slap it would do it with the clutch lever pulled and released.

·
Registered
788 Posts
It almost sounds like compression noise to me. I remember a 400 doing it and my buddy's 450R too. I think it is normal for Honda's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts