Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch started slipping yesterday in 5th. So what's everybodys opinions on clutches. What about the auto clutches. And how hard is it to change for a shadetree mechanic?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I would change the oil first then check it while it's warm up. I for one thought at one time my clutch was slipping but once I change the oil, it worked like brand new. Prior of thinking the clutch was slipping, we were riding in real technical area where I was feathering the clutch quite a bit most of the time and was going real slow due to the trees and rocks that we had to go over.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Could you get me set up as far as parts and price
DL can get you the parts. Im running the HDD HD clutch kit in my build and its held up great.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
All the cool kids run the HDD clutch :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Guess im not cool yet

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was wondering the same. I am going to get some asv levers and would like to keep clutch pull about the same.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I will be upgrading my clutch after it plays out, but changing the oil and what kinda of oil you use makes a big difference on how long the clutch lasts.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
About the oil, I have 2 rides on honda gn4 10-40 I think. I haven't had it that high in the gears lately to know when they started getting weak. I change my oil about 10-15 rides depending.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I would try changing it and if it still slips then I would start looking at clutch options.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not changing oil till I put new clutch in. Ifthe oil gets contaminated after 2 rides to cause clutch slipping honda needs better oil.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
We are not saying that it's contaminated, we are saying that it might be just deluted to the point where it's causing the clutch to slip but Hey! it's your bike and money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts