Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did 3 hours at the weekend and need a serious clutch upgrade.
I think mine is shot,was running abnormal conditions and used the clutch alot. Any Ideas. Looking for full clutch replacement !:D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hinson has fibers and springs, big improvement over stock

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quick question. Under normal riding conditions, occasional wheelies, drifts, ect. About how long does the stock clutch hold up? I know there is now way to know for sure ,different riding styles, but , A rough guesstamate??

·
Registered
667 Posts
i had well over a year on mine with some good riding on it, had no problems until the engine work. The clutch was slipping under load. When I removed it the fibers still had plenty of life on them, the springs were just too light for the increase of power. Hinson sent me a new kit that dosn't show up on the site but they will assemble it for you. The fibers are a little heavier but the springs make a world of diffenance. As for the stock clutch as long as you don't slip it too much and keep the cable adjusted properly it should last you a good long time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i had well over a year on mine with some good riding on it, had no problems until the engine work. The clutch was slipping under load. When I removed it the fibers still had plenty of life on them, the springs were just too light for the increase of power. Hinson sent me a new kit that dosn't show up on the site but they will assemble it for you. The fibers are a little heavier but the springs make a world of diffenance. As for the stock clutch as long as you don't slip it too much and keep the cable adjusted properly it should last you a good long time.
Good, Thanks, never had anything with this much power and I know that can't be good for the clutch. I've gotten about three years out of my other bikes clutches, 400 & 250 ex, so, hopefully I can expect the same from my 700.

·
Registered
667 Posts
no problem, the 700xx is a tough machine in stock form. Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I got about a year out of mine, and that was slipping it a good deal while racing tight tight wood hare scrambles (about 8 total) until I upgraded to the smaller front sprocket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I still think there's something with the clutch. I had mine replaced after about 2 hours of ridding. Think it was set up from dealer,and they replaced it. Took it out last weekend and i think the gearing is too tall for woods gncc riding in tight conditions. I felt i had to to use the clutch way too much when going over obstacles. I had a raptor with big 3 and rode the crap out of it for over a year and never had a clutch issue. i took care of it, but i rode it hard in very hot conditions in sc.
Im definately going with the 13 tooth though.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Mabye a recluse clutch for it? A bit more cash but are way nice. Like the sport clutch on the 250ex. I didn't check if they have one for the XX yet. It would be great for the woods!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Baxter,
Josh caster said you were trying to find out what our HD race clutch sales for. The clutch comes with fibers, metals, and springs. It sales for $217.00 plus shipping. Like I posted on here before, we have run our quad for 17 hours strait with out turning it off. Through deep sand whoops, rocky mountain trails and the thing is perfect at the finish line. And I can guarantee you that it was ridden harder than any other quad on the course. The metals and fibers in our clutch are 30% larger than stock. That is why it can take so much more abuse than other clutches on the market. As far as I know we are the only ones offering this setup.

·
Registered
667 Posts
He is correct, Hinson doesn't have the metals.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Baxter,

Have you used this clutch and if so, how is it working. Need to replace mine and am looking for an aftermarket clutch.

Thanks Mate!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not ordered it yet due to funds but it is the first thing to buy on my list (which keeps growing). If it can do the Baja 1000 , It'll do me fine.:D

As for aftermarket this is the only complete clutch kit availible .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts