Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may need to put this on video, but when my rear tires are jacked up off the ground. And I pull clutch all the way in and then shift to 1st gear, should the rear tires rotate at all? Mine spin around like 2 revolutions and then stop? And I also noticed when unit it off and rear tires in the air, while in gear and clutch pulled in, tires don’t spin near as easy as if in neutral. Does this sound like clutch is out of adjustment, and if so any tips on which way to adjust, tighten I'd guess? Thanks for any info, or input.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Do you try this after the bike is warmed up. I know when I put mine in gear right after I start it up it tend to jump because the clutch is a little on the dry side and tends to grab. Let the bike idle for a few minutes in neutral then try it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have noticed the same thing on mine also it starts easier if out of gear instead of just pulling the clutch. but this goes away after the oil is warmed up so check and see if yours is the same, if so then dont worry about it. if not then yeah you may need to adjust a little. just remember you must have a little "free play" when the clutch is all the way out.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Sounds normal to me . Most bikes/quads I have owned do something similar. Once it is warmed up , it will go away. The same thing happens when you pull the clutch in on start up(cold motor) and put it in gear it jerks forward a tad.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for answers, I thought it was okay yet seamed weird. I'm glad I asked here instead of turning the adjuster a few times in different directions, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts