15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
So I take it after you put in the correct oil it was still slipping? You will be surprised at what a difference a good quality oil will do for your clutch. You might just need to keep flushing out the wrong oil with the correct oil. Worth a shot unless you just want to put a new clutch in.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
If your clutch is slipping that bad you need to replace the fibers and the steels om sure they are burnt up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't even try the clutch looks bad and its gritty it feels like its dissolving almost. From all the water possibly? Either way I am going to try the new clutch with rotella oil and see how that works out

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I looked up Shell Rotella which seems to be a diesel engine oil. I would choose an oil , that was made for a 4 stroke with a wet clutch. It may cost more but oil is cheaper to change than engine parts. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so what kind of oil do u recomend , first time 700x, just purchased it

:atv:
So I take it after you put in the correct oil it was still slipping? You will be surprised at what a difference a good quality oil will do for your clutch. You might just need to keep flushing out the wrong oil with the correct oil. Worth a shot unless you just want to put a new clutch in.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Amsoil 0w-40 full synthetic atv oil

·
Registered
231 Posts
I run Mobil 1 racing 4t for wet clutch. You can pick it up at any parts store for about 9 bucks or so.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Whatever oil you end up using, DO NOT use any oil that says "Energy Conserving" on the container... These oils are NOT safe for a wet clutch as they have various additives in them that can F up your wet clutch.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
what about the barnet clutch
Even though I think the Barnett clutch is more for the sport bike market, what they make for our quad doesn't change it from being a "wet clutch".

roadkill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ended up with a driveline clutch with honda gn4 oil about 20-25 hard hours on it and it works GREAT! thanks for the help guys:thanks:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts