Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have personally only gotten one flat tire on a trail ride, all my others have been from racing. I use slime in just about everything, and that cures a lot of puncture stuff. It does seem like an innovative idea though.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
After my friend got a puncture in his side wall 10 miles away from nowhere. He had the same type of repair kit with him... he had to use 2 plugs in his side wall, but he was able to ride out. I now carry one of these types of repair kits in my CamelBack on long rides. You can get these type of repair kits at most dealers and all over. In the tread portion of the tire, it is a permanent repair. In a side wall, it is enough to get you back to civilization.

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I am sorry. I thought you were asking about repair kits and not just a way to inflate a tire. A way to inflate a tire on the trail alone does not take into consideration why you have a flat tire in the first place. If you don't take care of why you have a flat tire, all the air in the world won't help because all you've done give your tire more to leak back out. JMO

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
roadkill, I assume they take plug kits with them, it is just they say they are taking a pump instead of a can of CO2 is all.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
roadkill, I assume they take plug kits with them, it is just they say they are taking a pump instead of a can of CO2 is all.
I assumed that as well. However, I don't like to assume anything as most kits I've seen have some type of plug AND a way to inflate the tire all in one kit.

roadkill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts