Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In today’s world we are pushing more and more for “natural” substances for things like health and the environment. However, is all-natural the best solution everywhere? Well, in motor oils it may not be! Here is why –

Conventional oils are derived from crude, natural sources and then physically separated to extract specific weights in molecules. This means that once the oil is processed it consists of different molecules that have generally the same weight. The problem with this is that many of those molecules are not beneficial in any way to an engine.........

Read more here.

Let me know if I can help any!

Take care

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHA! Nice!

On the flush, it depends on how many miles/hours are on the engine! If it was used to simply break in the engine then you will be fine without it. How long have you run conventional?

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I saw a video once where they ran a air cooled motorcycle engine with conventional oil Synthetic and looked at it with a thermal camera.

The same engine with synthetic ran like ten degrees cooler....

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AMSOIL is completely safe with wet clutch. Just FYI! Conventional has a much harder time keeping the temps down due to the fact that it breaks down when hot. After it breaks down, it allows metal on metal contact and causes even more heat (not to mention damage as well). Synthetic oil is much better at keeping its film strength which seperates surfaces with a thin layer of protection. keeping eccess heat from being created. less friction = less heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts