Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These go mostly for my friends Lee and Nikki. I really screwed up in the last race, went with 22in rears and did not change my front sprocket so lost torque so suffered in the logs.

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more of me and my friend Andre who is in 1st place so far...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
geez Rappy how the hell are you clearing those logs...What do your skids look like?
I think I need to send you the go pro to film these races! VERY impressive!

on another note how is that baby of yours??? and do you think you can still come visit in Sept???
Thanks Lee!

Nikki, it's not that easy to clear them but you start getting the hang of them a little with time. The loss of torque killed me because I could not wheelie as easy as before and I kinda have to wheelie a little before the logs so it is easier to clear them. My skids are pretty banged up but holding on, will post a few pics of them later this week since I have to install my new peg extenders and nerf bars. I do have a Go Pro but forget it like half the time, will have it on for the next one, that is a promise.

Here's a pic of my beeeeaaauuuuttttyyyy attached, she is gorgeous and really really smart, the smart part we have to be careful with, she could brat out! LOL On september it is looking a little bit tough since have been really busy at work, anywhoo remind me what date it is?

xx700xx, Yep, parked her good!!! LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Please will you let me know ,the technique of jumping the logs .I kinda end up like SWOP3 and t bonin myself. Extreme enduro's are just about starting here in the UK and they put something similar out on the track,
The try-out final was between a 800 rene and a Yamaha 450r. The Rene had the clearance but not the agility and the Yam didnt have the clearance. Would be nice to try one of these on the xx.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well Lee it depends on the size of the logs, if they are about 25cm tall then you just stand in 1st or 2nd gear and they are easy to go over. Bigger than that then you also approach standing and in 1st or 2nd gear but when getting close to the log (about 1.5m or less) you pull on the handlebars, lean back and push the throttle to do a small wheelie to help the front tires bump the log and have the front tires to bump up on the log and not have the whole quad bump back. Once the front tires have cleared then you can do one of two things: 1. once the log is around mid-quad then feather the clutch so the front end comes down, lean forward, push the handlebars down to help the quad slide on the log and apply some throttle to make sure the rear tires push you through and not just get stuck or 2. since the front is still in the air then accelerate while standing and when the rear tires hit the log you blip the throttle so the front does not go down so violently and you will jump the log (like Andre on the pic above). Hope it makes sense, it's pretty difficult to explain but did my best! Find some logs and practice, practice, practice, remember the logs have to be secured down.

·
Registered
821 Posts
And may I add, never hit a log at speed at an angle. Seen it tried several times, none successful. But if done right you can jump logs with diameters upwards of 18-20 inches, give or take. Do it in the woods around the farm all the time, does get interesting if they decide to roll though

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!

The races last between 4-7 hours, they are enduros with 2 loops in woods and fire roads with 4 to 6 of the timed special stages such as the ones in the pic and combined with trails timed stages.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Please will you let me know ,the technique of jumping the logs .I kinda end up like SWOP3 and t bonin myself. Extreme enduro's are just about starting here in the UK and they put something similar out on the track,
The try-out final was between a 800 rene and a Yamaha 450r. The Rene had the clearance but not the agility and the Yam didnt have the clearance. Would be nice to try one of these on the xx.
dam bax sounds like you never went on a trail ride with logs crossing the trail you need to come to alabama we are to lazy to clear the logs from the trails that way you can practice your technique, it take practice!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Well Lee it depends on the size of the logs, if they are about 25cm tall then you just stand in 1st or 2nd gear and they are easy to go over. Bigger than that then you also approach standing and in 1st or 2nd gear but when getting close to the log (about 1.5m or less) you pull on the handlebars, lean back and push the throttle to do a small wheelie to help the front tires bump the log and have the front tires to bump up on the log and not have the whole quad bump back. Once the front tires have cleared then you can do one of two things: 1. once the log is around mid-quad then feather the clutch so the front end comes down, lean forward, push the handlebars down to help the quad slide on the log and apply some throttle to make sure the rear tires push you through and not just get stuck or 2. since the front is still in the air then accelerate while standing and when the rear tires hit the log you blip the throttle so the front does not go down so violently and you will jump the log (like Andre on the pic above). Hope it makes sense, it's pretty difficult to explain but did my best! Find some logs and practice, practice, practice, remember the logs have to be secured down.
Cheers Rappy , made perfect sense. I'll try the slow and steady first.

And may I add, never hit a log at speed at an angle. Seen it tried several times, none successful. But if done right you can jump logs with diameters upwards of 18-20 inches, give or take. Do it in the woods around the farm all the time, does get interesting if they decide to roll though
Thanks for the tip.

dam bax sounds like you never went on a trail ride with logs crossing the trail you need to come to alabama we are to lazy to clear the logs from the trails that way you can practice your technique, it take practice!
I have no trails or practice tracks near me , a local race is still a 4 hour drive. Alabama sounds like my kinda place, would be fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts