Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their header pipe Ceramic Coated? Jet Hot advertises that the pipe will be cooler if you have it coated. I would like to reduce the heat coming off the pipe. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Asbestos wrap, etc. Thanks

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I am sure it makes some difference, but I could not tell that it made any on my Barkers in switching back and forth from a coated to a non-coated. A well designed heat shield can do wonders for keeping the heat off you.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I couldn't tell much of a difference in heat radiated out to your leg. But then, I mostly notice the heat on my leg a low speed... 1st and 2nd gear tight stuff. I've been wanting to try colored header wrap. At least the colored wrap won't look so ugly. JMO

roadkill

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did you wrap it with and where did you purchase it? Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks. That should really help. Not sure what happens to it once it gets wet or muddy. Dear Santa.......

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
there is a coating you can put on it i dont work on my stuff i just have my mechanic change it when it gets messed up it doesnt cost much and definatly helps i dont know the name but you can by the clips spray and wrap for like 40 bucks to do it like 3 times which is at least a year and a halfs worth depends on how bad you treat it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Goto SummitRacing.com....Buy 15ft of the black 2in Exhaust wrap. Then Get you 2 radiator clamps, paint them Black with hi-temp grill paint or not.. Get the Exhaust wrap wet, it is easier to wrap you pipe when it is wet. Take your head pipe off your quad ( is easier to wrap ). Put your clamp on after you have made a wrap or 2 and tighten, then go ahead and wrap the whole pipe. Then put your last clamp on and tighten. Put is back on your quad and crank up, the water will burn off in a few min. Now you can cruise in 1st or 2nd gear and no heat shield and not burn your leg. Total cost 15-18 bucks. I have a Barkers full exhaust and it helped a lot. If you want some pics let me know. I even TIG welded up a shield and the wrap works better, or it does for me. I thougt this might help...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have already been to Summit and looked it up. One of my sons asked what I wanted for Xmas, so I told him about this. Thanks again. :thanks:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Goto SummitRacing.com....Buy 15ft of the black 2in Exhaust wrap. Then Get you 2 radiator clamps, paint them Black with hi-temp grill paint or not.. Get the Exhaust wrap wet, it is easier to wrap you pipe when it is wet. Take your head pipe off your quad ( is easier to wrap ). Put your clamp on after you have made a wrap or 2 and tighten, then go ahead and wrap the whole pipe. Then put your last clamp on and tighten. Put is back on your quad and crank up, the water will burn off in a few min. Now you can cruise in 1st or 2nd gear and no heat shield and not burn your leg. Total cost 15-18 bucks. I have a Barkers full exhaust and it helped a lot. If you want some pics let me know. I even TIG welded up a shield and the wrap works better, or it does for me. I thougt this might help...
I like to see some pics of this set up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts