Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fouled my first plug tuning with the Dobeck programer, slip-on & airbox lid off. guess I was to rich. Wanted to do some plug runs anyway but I need to know the correct spark plug gap, I can't find it and am in a hurry. Thanks. I downloaded the Service Manual but cant find the owners manual, any links out there? GG Great forum guys.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
most plugs will come correct or close enough to not worry about at least ngk. The denso plugs im not sure i havent used those much i know i saw a couple failures with them.

run somewheres around .030-.032 on bigger builds that run at a higher rpm you can close them up some and it will help with blow out also alcohol and some other fuels i have tested will like different gaps but on normal stuff with normal fuels those numbers should do you well i think denso follows the same gap as ngk but im not 100% positive

·
Registered
157 Posts
I went of the NGK website. Thats what they say is correct, so to be honest I'm not exactly sure either.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
.039-.043 is what the manual says but i agree that is a little high. thats pg 1-11 out of the honda maintenance manual though. you can download the manual from our how to section for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.