Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my hubs black to add some more power. This might add a couple horsepower to the xx. Thought this looked pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
Imagine how much faster it will go with a black seat and plastic. Looks Great! paint or powder coat?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rustoleum baby!!!!:hey::hey::hey:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like that. As soon as I need new tires, I'm going to powdercoat my hubs red and my stock wheels black. I think that will look pretty good. I already have my upper motor mounts cated red, and I plan to do the front mounts as well. I just can't really get to the right hand mount without taking apart a whole bunch of crap that I really don't want to get into. Looks like I'll have to pull apart a coolant line and some other junk. : (

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I like that. As soon as I need new tires, I'm going to powdercoat my hubs red and my stock wheels black. I think that will look pretty good. I already have my upper motor mounts cated red, and I plan to do the front mounts as well. I just can't really get to the right hand mount without taking apart a whole bunch of crap that I really don't want to get into. Looks like I'll have to pull apart a coolant line and some other junk. : (
I cant remember if it was a post on here or another site, but they were talking about powdercoating the rims, and how easy it would come off when you knick something, so I think there are a few people that actually used bed liner spray stuff for theres (like rhino lining). Just a thought for ya.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its definitely not new by any means. I'm just obsessive compulsive about everything I own. Ive taken it out every weekend since i have had it, and the trails i hit aren't used very much so i have had to push my way through a lot of it. But, I do spend a couple hours washing it afterwords and than about a day detailing it. Like I said ......Obsessive Compulsive. It seems that I clean it more than I ride it. I cant wait till it dries up out here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i had my stocks powdercoated black with lots of clear they have been good so far and i beat the shit out of it every weekend and some weekdays too!heres a pic of my 12 inch itp dune setup in black

·
Registered
93 Posts
I own a powdercoating shop, and I have coated countless dirt bike wheels, streetbike wheels, and ATV/UTV wheels. I have never had any powder chip. I do know that no matter what media you use, if you slam your junk into concrete or anything like that it is going to scratch, but you also generally have gouges too. I fix wheels, then coat them to avoid those chipping issues. I guess if you're rough enough, anything can be damaged.
Just my .02 cents!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Absolutely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.