Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of the TRX 700, i have a couple questions, i have a manual on the way but for now. What kind of gas you guys use? The quad has a pipe and programer, also what oil should i use, can i just get some down Wallyworld, as long as it's 4 stroke bike oil?
Thanks, ill have more questions in the future lol...
Steve in Ct

·
Registered
335 Posts
For octane you will be fine on 91 octane at your elevation. Probably could get away with 87 even. If your not getting detonation (knocking/pinging) its fine.
There is a free PDF download on here for the repair manual.
Most important thing to remember on oil is it has to be WET CLUTCH SAFE! Not all 4 stroke oils are. You get what you pay for in oil brands. Good oil is worth the cost.

Welcome and post some pics of your ride when you get the chance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum
I only use Synthetic Honda oil in my quads and have not had any problems
As for gas I am pretty sure it says on the bike to use 93 octane, that is what I have been running in mine.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
there should be a sticker on gas tank that says 93 they run like shit on 87 or at least mine does. mine pings or rattles or detonate whatever you want to call it on 87 we dont have 91 in the south. it really pings under a load using 87. done been there and tried it:xx:

·
Registered
335 Posts
At 10,000 ft. elevation you can definitely get away with much lower. Not sure what the compression on a stock XX is, but would guess around 9:1
If so, 91 should be enough.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
At 10,000 ft. elevation you can definitely get away with much lower. Not sure what the compression on a stock XX is, but would guess around 9:1
If so, 91 should be enough.
stock 10:1:xx:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts