Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have a couple questions. What air fuel ratio does the 700xx make it's best power?

Also how many miles will an XX go on a tank of gas on average?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
No clue on 1st ?, 2nd ? all would depend on riding style and terrain. I average around 25 mpg. I've went as far as 60 miles with out flipping to reserve, but sometimes only 40 miles.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No clue on 1st ?, 2nd ? all would depend on riding style and terrain. I average around 25 mpg. I've went as far as 60 miles with out flipping to reserve, but sometimes only 40 miles.

Sometimes 40 miles before reserve?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Sometimes 40 miles before reserve?
always get at least 40 before going to reserve, sometimes as much as 60. Just depends on type of riding, that's why I guessed around 25 mpg. Since I've got as little as 20 mpg and as much as 30!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sorry, I am of no help on the first question, not sure what the ideal air/fuel ratio is.

I raced one race on my 700XX, and I only got about 15 mpg with it. Motor only had a full exhaust, PC3, Uni filter, no lid, and a stage 3 Hot Cam. I would guess I get around 25 or so while just out riding, not really sure since I have no way to detemine actual mileage. During the race was easy, I knew how long the laps were, how many I did, how much fuel I brought with me, and how much fuel I brought home, so I feel 15 mpg is pretty accurate under race conditions.

Doug

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I got a gauge on the mileage now. Minimum 15 when riding hard, and max of 30 when cruising. I will say mixed riding in the middle at 20-25 mpg. Sounds good. I still might put a PRM rack on it and carry an extra gallon with me.

So no one knows what air fuel the XX likes most?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
depends on the guage used the all dont work the same. a stock xx generally will like what most other bikes do around the 13.2 ball park. if your in that area your close most bikes like to run a little richer and leaner in certain spots of the rpm curve.

theres two many factors to say a exact afr is perfect and generally its just not just one afr anyways you may want to target a higher/lower in certain spots like i said before

one guage may like 14. one may be 12.8 some may sample faster than others or work differently so you need to do some preliminary work

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see, I will shoot for 13ish then. As long as I can get 13 at 1/4 throttle 1/2 throttle and wot it should be good enough.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Totally stock doing xc, I could do 1hr 50mins before hitting reserve. Programmer,airbox lid and a Uni airfilter it comes down to 1hr 35mins. Big 3 is similar but then the electrics go goofy and can do 31 mins before hitting reserve.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Totally stock doing xc, I could do 1hr 50mins before hitting reserve. Programmer,airbox lid and a Uni airfilter it comes down to 1hr 35mins. Big 3 is similar but then the electrics go goofy and can do 31 mins before hitting reserve.

What is the distance traveled in that time though? If you on it pretty regular avg speed is prolly around 40mph so that's still not bad mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
What is the distance traveled in that time though? If you on it pretty regular avg speed is prolly around 40mph so that's still not bad mileage.
Too be honest I don't know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts