Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd hunt 3rd kill

11 inch beard, 1 inch & 1 1/8th inch spurs. 21 lbs & 1 oz

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Thats a nice size....beat all of my 3 turkeys this yr (may had been a day or 2 early :)), biggest was 19lbs, 13oz with a 10 and 1/4 beard...didn't measure the spurs. What did he get it w/? I got one with bow, and the other 2 with 12 gauge.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not positive think it was a 12gauge tho

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
yummy. now wait till he gets a 8 pointer

·
Registered
537 Posts
Much easier to go buy one at the store....

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Obviously you have never seen my dad's 4 ft by 8ft covered bird feeder in the back yard......got mine eating breakfast a week ago LOL, and cleaning is easy. And it cost me about 4 dollars for 51lbs of turkey....so it is hella cheaper (that is 3 turkey's, as DaGirl just IMed me saying 51lbs turkey?)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Its much EASIER to sit at home watching someone else ride Atv's on TV too. But the enjoyment is not the same.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well people talk about hunting deer and how much fun it is and how much skill it takes and blah blah blah. I hit a deer with my BMW a few years ago and trust me killing it was no fun at all. I never hunted anything in my life and it didn't take any skill other than driving straight. I don't have a problem with hunting. But I do have a problem with people that hunt for sport only. Meaning they kill an animal and don't eat it. Just brag about it or mount it on a wall. There are a few people I know that do it and they think they are real men because they hunt. But in reality they are poster children for abortion. People like that need to go hunting with Dick Cheney....

·
Registered
96 Posts
You have a biased opinion and no matter who tries to change it nothing will matter. You drive a foriegn car which I think people that do should go hunting with Dick Cheney. Don't degrade someone for doing something they do that is legal and enjoyable to them. If you have an opinion thats fine but, don't degrade them for doing what they like to do.:disgust:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hit and hunt both start with "h" and end with "t" its whats in the middle that counts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I think what he is saying is the people that hunt for the wrong reasons of it, not for the real outcome. People that discard the meat, they cut off that TROPHY head just to get it stuff, and leave the rest of the animal in the woods. Those people are pathetic, along with the people that go to hunting farms to kill that huge buck, that spends thousands of dollars to do so, and then call themselves real hunters. Hunting is a "Sport", but to me and my crew it is so much more. I am sorry you obliverated a deer with your BMW and you definately didn't have fun doing it. To tell you the truth, I have been legally hunting since I was 12, and I def. don't do it for the fun of it, b/c it is mad boring. I do it for the outcome. To show my buddies what I can do, and they as well. To me it is kind of like fourwheeling...you see it in your garage all week long, and then finally you get to take it out for 20 minutes riding up and down the road, and then put it up before you get caught and wonder why in the hell you spent 5K on something that you can only ride a handful of places...well for me when I sit in the woods it is like WTF am I doing here in the cold and wind, trudging thru the snow....been out here for 9 days straight and havent even seen a chicadee, and then all of a sudden, BAM, there is that deer or bear.....its just the thrill of shooting something, and eating different kinds of meat than BEEF.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You have a biased opinion and no matter who tries to change it nothing will matter. You drive a foriegn car which I think people that do should go hunting with Dick Cheney. Don't degrade someone for doing something they do that is legal and enjoyable to them. If you have an opinion thats fine but, don't degrade them for doing what they like to do.:disgust:
First off I didn't think it was too hard to make sense of the point I was trying to make. Other people got it, you didn't :confused:. I never degraded anyone with anything I said. It was just the way YOU interpreted it. Yes I drive a foreign car. But even domestic cars are 80% foreign, just assembled here. Do some research. And BTW, you're riding a foreign ATV....

·
Registered
96 Posts
I didn't take anything wrong. What you should have said to the original post was"congrats to your cousin". But you proceded to talk about how little skill it took to kill an animal. If you never have hunted then how can you judge someones skill? You obviously are not educated on what it takes to do what this kid has accomplished. A true outdoorsman doesn't leave thier kills just laying around. If I knew of that happening I would turn them in pronto.

And a little FYI for you.I know my bike is foriegn. I also researched my purchase and my truck is less than 17 percent foriegn.The analogy was yours not mine. Just because I don't like something does not mean thY everyone should not be the same way.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
It all taste like "Chicken" so why not shoot a chicken. Being a Brit I could never understand shooting a bear,dear or whatever . If I want to shoot something then it is pidgeons or clay pidgeons. This is something that I never got my head around with the US.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I fully understand what the kid has accomplished. In my run in with a deer I said it took no skill at all other than driving straight. I never said anything about hunting not taking skill. As I said earlier I have no problem with hunting, as long as it's for the food, not the sport of killing. I know what it takes to hit a target be it an animal, silhouette, beer can, or whatever. I've had my fair share of sending .50 caliber rifle rounds on their way. And hit dead on bulls eye at 500 yards. I've shot .22's all the way up to the .454 Casull and EVERYTHING in between. I've been shooting guns since I was 10 and I'm 34 now. I also enter shooting competitions when time allows. So again, I do know what it takes to hit a target.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts