Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i guy get rid of this line out of the air box, and why is it there is it just for emissions i dont understand why they would run burnt exhaust gasses back to the air box other than for emissions, it just seams like it Wastes the avalible space for oxygen

·
Registered
821 Posts
There not running burnt gases into your airbox. It's there as a vent for your crankcase. It can be taken out of airbox but you still need it filtered. You do not want water or dirt to get into that hose. Is just leave it alone, it in the best spot already.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So now that i changed to velocity airfilter its not getting filtered air, if its not positive air line then why does it seam to be pushing black oily. Air into airbox im not home right now to see if it is sucking or blowing ???im confused

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
As the piston moves up and down it moves air in and out of the case where the crankshaft rotates just like the piston moves air in/out of jug. The blowby tube just let's the pressure/vacuum excape. The oily residue is just a mist of engine oil.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
It's positively charged at all times, but I wouldn't mess with it it's in the best place already

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would have to put something over it just for peace of mind. They have small filters that may work at some auto stores. Or maybe extend it and point it downward so it has a harder time getting dust in it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya that not a bad idea only have to clean the little filter rather than the main one as long as i have room to get it in there not to sure of that as it might be a bit tight

·
Registered
5 Posts
During a dusty trip i think i sucked up dirt thru this vent. now need new pistons, crank and valve seals. this opening needs a filter. Running a no-toil filter and ther is too much space to get dirt in this vent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts