Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know how many of you had to get your engine rebuilt due to Crankcase issue which as usual; they blame us for getting some dirt in the cylinder.

Know of at least 4 but would like if there are more, think that this engine might have some internal issues and if so then we need to get Honda.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Folks, I had an oil burn problem when I changed to Shell oil with a synthetic additive, the quad seem to burn oil for the first 3 to 4 rides then stop. My mates behind me said it did not blow one bit of smoke but you could smell new oil burning, when you pulled up and took of. It would burn about 400mil of oil over 3 to 4 rides then stop (very strange). Any way I changed back to Honda oil and no problem I reakon it might have been the synthetic additive being burnt of the Shell oil. Now I do 750km oil changes and it has not burned a drop and I dont mind giving my 700 a real workover.

Overlord

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gary

Thought that you found the problem? Still idling rough, that sucks. Is that with/out the controller installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts