Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 700xx owner here. Have been told by lots of people that I needed to adjust my valves. My engine was running a little noisy so I decided to open it up and my valves had 0 slack so I adjusted them to spec, .006 for intake, .008 for exhaust. After closing everything back I got it to start once, but after that it cranks slower now and will not start at all. I unplugged the fuel injector once and the solenoid to get to the valve covers but I quadruple checked that everything was plugged back in and tight. Fuel pump definitely has fuel in it, definitely have compression, but Im not sure about spark. I took the plug out, put it back in the coil and touched it against the motor to ground it and tried starting it but I couldnt see any spark. I'm not 100% confident that I'm doing that method correctly but I really cant tell. Anyone know what I may have done wrong?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Make sure your otdc, if rockers had no slack when you adjusted, you were on the wrong stroke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
it is impossible engine is noisy,
and rockers has 0 slack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you didn't put the engine in top dead center,
but lower dead center !!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
These guys are right. If you adjusted it when there was no slack, then that’s because it was moving through the exhaust strike, not the compression stroke. You would have had to rotate it until you were top dead center on the compression stroke. Here’s a screenshot from the manual for reference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts