Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figure I would post up some pics of the new parts. UPS dropped the exhaust off today, ordered it a while ago, but Allen over at CT had a problem with the company that builds his pipes, has it all taken care of now.

I have had the nerfs for a couple of months now, but just got them bolted on a couple of weeks ago. Haven't even had a chance to ride with them yet! I have had a set of these nerfs on my race 450R since March of this year. Very happy with them, I love the suspension in the footpegs, takes alot of the edge off hard hits. Liked them so much on my 450R I had to get a set for the 700XX.

Sorry for the lousy pics in my dark garage. Plan on installing the exhaust over the weekend. Once I do I will push the quad outside and get some better pics.

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Exhaust looks nice! Is that got a tunable tip on it? I like the houser nerfs. Just wish the netting attached to the frame. So there's less chance of your foot going between the net and the bike. That wouldn't be good! We need a sound clip!!! :hey:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
That is a nice looking exhaust and x2 on the sound clip.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i did not even know ct made a pipe for the 700!!can u get just a slipon?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the exhaust uses the supertrap style discs, so you can add or subtract discs to fine tune both power and sound. It is not available in a slip on, full system only. I am running CT systems on both my 450R's also (actually, even my 250R has a CT pipe on it now that I think of it.) Been very happy with the way they perform. If you want to hear it, you are going to have to drive to Vegas! haha I don't have anything to take a video with.

The only issue I had with the nerfs was getting the front mount on, kind of a pain to line up but not real bad. Hardest part was trying to figure out where to cut the plastic for the nerf to go through. Good thing you can't really see that part! I had to cut the holes alot bigger then they needed to be because I didn't measure right.

Doug

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
nice exhaust, i had one on my 400ex they sound like no other especially when you let off the gas at speed it sounds like a turbine or something similiar, but on the other hand with the super trapp tunable discs the cannister weighs alot more than say a barker cannister:hey:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bet the cannister doesn't way that much more. The Barker cannister is a little larger with the oval shape, more material in it. I would be willing to bet they are within a pound or two of each other. On a big heavy pig like the 700XX, a couple of pounds is nothing! Besides, I am building a desert racer, they give all new meaning to "packing on the pounds"

Doug

·
Registered
370 Posts
sound clip!!!!:xx:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have never been a nerf guy, but those Houser nerfs make me drool! They look awesome, I would love to have a set.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I emailed CT Racing but haven't got a response, how much does the exhaust run?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You would have to talk to CT about the price. I was told I got a little discount because I waited so long, not sure what they sell them for usually. Give them a call on Monday and speak to Allen.

Doug

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the exhaust installed this morning, went on really easy and lined up perfect. Already cruised around the block a few times, but plan on going riding tomorrow to see how it runs. Sorry for no sound clip, but I have nothing to get one with, but it does sound good. Still not sure what I am going to do about a map for my PC5, just picked one off the PC website for now, guess I will see how it works. Few more pics below.

Doug

·
Registered
237 Posts
very nice bike, I had a supertrapp exhaust on my 250sx back in the 80's and would love to put one on the xx. Didn't CT have a map for you?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They might, I didn't even think to ask. I have the big 3 map for my PC3 on my other 700XX, so I just took that one and converted it to use on the PC5. Just need something that is close for now, should be digging into the motor in a couple of months then get it dyno tuned.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Very nice I like the end cap. Is that the matlock edition grab bar? If so how do you like it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it is the Matlock grab bar. No complaints with it. Once I start racing this quad I will mount a tool bag on it, just haven't got around to it yet.

Doug

1 - 20 of 29 Posts