Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a full exaust for the 700 and cant decide between the curtis sparks X-6 or the all black HMF performance that will match my xx very nice. Whats your guys sugestions?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree with Boost. If you want performance, then the Sparks and the PCV is the way to go. But, if you just want a good sounding exhaust that comes with a few extra ponies, then the HMF and optimizer will work just fine. I run the HMF and plug and play on my Rincon and it works just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I really like my sparks exhaust. Never heard the HMF on the xx though.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
This is my next pipe !!! my Barker craked in the mid pipe, the header pulled out of the head because of the weld and after the second quiet core the end cap felt apart, no more thread. Not to mention packing last about 1-2 tank....

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
SPARKS!!! I had the HMF and it looked good and sounded great but the Sparks is built better and I picked up more power with it.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Broken,

I've had my original packing for almost a year now with around 100hours on the pipe and the packing is still in great shape.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Never used the spark arrestor but I do have one for it.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Heard good things about the Sparks and would pick that over the HMF. As far the Barkers, I've had mine for 2 years now with no issues so I dont know what happened with Broken's.
Maybe it's the first version, got it when it has been released. And maybe using it with the quiet make too much turbulence in the can and packing take a beat.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Maybe it's the first version, got it when it has been released. And maybe using it with the quiet make too much turbulence in the can and packing take a beat.
I have to use the quiet core at black river this summer. I'll see if run into the same problem. Is anyone running a quiet core for an extended period of time on the sparks?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I'm not its not required where I ride. My buddy has the barkers and sometimes it looks like its snowing if you ride behind him, he hasn't even had it on the bike a year and has already lost the heat sheild as well.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Actually the first quiet felt apart and the second felt down with the billet tips, the threads are stripped I put some helicoil and will try without the quiet but if 150$ dollar fine tickets over here, police got atv...

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Heat shield is gone from the first week and yes my friend called the snow blower last ride lol.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Yeah I never had the time lol anyway I was badlucked with mine and this must be a isolated case...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the help guys, I allready bought the curtis sparks! I was planing on getting the EHS programer, but Boost sugested the pc5, witch would be the best one, i am also getting a k&n filter and the EHS air box lid, and some day i plan on putting a cam in.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts