Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back me and a buddy started making some custom parts to fix some of the issues that we had with our bikes. Had a web site for a bit. His gf moved out and it kind of fell apart. Thought I would post some of the pics on what we made and why just to give some ideas to others on stuff they could make.

Made a vented silencer guard to help the heat get out but still give some protection.

A rack extension to keep stuff from sliding off the back.

A grill that would allow the front rack to be removed. The Moose sticker was just one we had laying around.

A front tow point for people who didn't want to buy a winch.

Everything together.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Took about an hour to lay the pattern out on the grill and center punch them. Then about 2 hours and 5 drill bits to make the holes. Stainless is some tough crap.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Looks great, some real ingenuity there. Good looking bike!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks good. Should of came from the factory with that muffler guard, makes sense.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
How do you like that exhaust? I actually like your rims. I got the ITP SS's on mine, w/ a lil bit bigger tires. After I put the big bore in it and stuff, I haven't had a problem with it overheating after mudding like I did with the stock engine and stuff. It was pretty weird, as I thought it would be getting hotter due to the bigger CC's and stuff. It looks pretty good though. When I get back to NY, I willtake some pics of mine, and get my video up having 5 people on there, 3 back and 2 on the front, and pulling some wheelies. I also have the old man seat in the back of mine, which is nice for a skinny lil girl to ride there and make your butt wet w/ her.....well ya know.....but it also has the big back compartment w/ a cooler for the beer....hmph I mean water.

Also, that is a great idea on the hook for the front. I imagine that grill in the front helps keep a lot of mud and stuff off the radiator.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
How do you like that exhaust?
Performs good, all I can say. My third on this bike. The first one blew the entire end off, packing and core included. I had it for three years and Mike cut me a deal on a new one. They only had three rivets on the end on the first ones, 6 now I think. The second one burnt the paint off after about a month of riding. Mike gave me a good deal on a repowdercoat but it only lasted a few months. I figured out that it was deep water and a hot silencer. The silencer wasn't unusually hot (for a Rincon), but when the water quenched it the powder coat would bubble really bad. Last powder coat silencer I have bought, good old natural aluminum every since.

I think that no powdercoat and the new design with more rivets is a good one. Just sucks it took experience to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
looks good! im gonna be bugging you alot with the new toy!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts