Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend had a extra set of front fenders and we were bored, this is what we came up with.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
LOL its not my XX, its my friends i did the fenders on, and my Renny was parked on the other side of that car :lol:

Well to be honest its 2 piece fender, we started and wanted to cut grill section out at first and use the little wings from the top piece like others were doing because he liked Matlocks XX so i said to myself what the hell, i will give it a shot on his old fenders.

We started cutting and realized we didnt have to chop his old fender, so i felt bad cutting his damn fender up so we ended up with this after a little thought.

Its kinda hard to explain how i did it.

Cut the grill section out
Follow the lines around where the top piece's wings would fit into
When the cut is almost near the end of the wing you start following the lines till you come to the bend in the fender, follow the line down the fender till the bottom and round it off.

If anyone has a good picture of the XXs front fender i can try and explain better.

I know i can cut them again like that, but i would be weary on someone else's bike just incase i messed up, allways better to do this on a 2nd set if i have any.

And i used a Dremmel with the cutting disk http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=EZ476

And then to use sander attachment to smooth the ends.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some rough pics on how i did this, the main thing is the lines in the fender, there hard to see in the pics since the bike is black, but its basic idea of what i did.

It taken me about a good 2 hours to do or so and i wouldnt use your good fenders incase something gets screwed up, buy a used set of fronts, like i said we were bored thinking of things we could do and he had a old set sitting there, only reason we tried it and to me it came out very nice and it looks different from my XX now.

He has a set of backs sitting there, just gotta get a idea of how to cut them :lol: (he doesnt know i want to cut them yet thou MUHAHHAHA)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts