Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn, my CV boots make a POP! POP! POP! Crack! Crack! Crack! noise... it doesnt sound good... figured I would find out what it is before something breaks...

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Had one take a stick after I first got it. Should give years of service if you keep the bike clean. I've got the original boots on my Prairie from '02 and they have seen some severe conditions over the past 8 years and 3000 miles

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
havent taken it in... but have to...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just took it in... I didnt think to check the outer boot... they did... haha!! was torn clean off, but they think that I brought it in soon enough that I only have to get the boot kit.

Damn toys are expensive

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
What concerns me is the pop pop crack crack noise. That is not a good sign. If it were just torn boots with no CV joint damage, it would not be making noises. I would expect CV joint damage to boot... not to be punny.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ive broke like three of them their a pain in the a$$ to change and will be very coastly if not fixed right away.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$166 for everything.... I cant wait until my cousin moves up here... he knows how to do all this stuff... Me? I just have funds. (which are going down on repairs...)

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
It all depends on how long he rode it with the damage boot but the pop-crack could be due to lack of grease, basically they won't know for sure until they grease and install the new boot then take it out for a test ride. Those boot should be check at the end of each ride since they tend to get damage real quick.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya... I didnt think I needed the PRM guards but I guess I do...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, but i would only buy rears... so it is a waste of $$$ for the front and rear... I also like PRMs' main frame guard better then anyone else's because it is a FULL frame... not a two peice..
The other thing the worries me about the Company posted above is that the walls are soooo high. It looks like if i preloaded the rear suspension for a drop off the plate would rub on the tires.
Have you had any experience with them Nash?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
That's what I and DaGirl have on our bikes and they work great! The heigth of walls were the main reason why we bought them. Have a lesser chance of a branch/rock to slide into the shaft area.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok thanks!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Mines clickin' as well, Gary and I were up in Oklahoma when mine broke the bands on both sides, so far one worm band clamp and a ziptie have kept them holding!

Mine only click on concrete though... not in the dirt.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would get em fixed now... $160 for the boots installed... after that.... $225 for the bearings... and then more (I stopped listening after that...)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts