Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day out riding I was climbing a hill and wheelying off the uphill water breaks when I noticed a pop and three loud squeaks from the rear of my quad. It sounded like metal on metal seizing up:eek:hno:. I stopped at the top to check things out and didn't find anything immediately, so i kept riding for another 30 minutes or so and never heard it again.

Today I went out for a closer look at the rear drive, and noticed the right inner CV joint is loose where it fits inside the center hub. I have made a video of what is happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPdULUC60s

The clunks are the splines rattling inside the center rear hub. You may want to check your quad to see if it does this, but i don't think it's normal. I hope I can get this fixed under warranty.:cry:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could my 24" bear claws have caused this? I'm debating putting the stock rear tires back on so the dealership won't balk on the warranty.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Could my 24" bear claws have caused this? I'm debating putting the stock rear tires back on so the dealership won't balk on the warranty.
I'd make it as stock as possible!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts