Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day out riding I was climbing a hill and wheelying off the uphill water breaks when I noticed a pop and three loud squeaks from the rear of my quad. It sounded like metal on metal seizing up:eek:hno:. I stopped at the top to check things out and didn't find anything immediately, so i kept riding for another 30 minutes or so and never heard it again.

Today I went out for a closer look at the rear drive, and noticed the right inner CV joint is loose where it fits inside the center hub. I have made a video of what is happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPdULUC60s

The clunks are the splines rattling inside the center rear hub. You may want to check your quad to see if it does this, but i don't think it's normal. I hope I can get this fixed under warranty.:cry:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could my 24" bear claws have caused this? I'm debating putting the stock rear tires back on so the dealership won't balk on the warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.