Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just curious and not trying to start anything but why does the 700xx seem to have to use a bit more throttle than the raptor to climb the same hill?I have seen this alot on youtube,the rider of the 700x not using a steady throttle,like on off on off,is it because of the stock gearing?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I at first noticed that but I started paying attention to riding style and I believe its more to do with that than anything. Looked to be that the Raptor rider was more confident in climbing the hill and in return used only what was needed to climb it.
I would have jumped the hill since to me it looks like my kind of hill to jump. Maybe 3rd gear pinned. Im not too far away and when I get me another Raptor I will come down.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thats what I thought it looked like on the other side. Looks about like a 60ft gap, the take off looks a tad steep and may through ya too high and not far enough out but if reworked(if thats the case) it would be an awesome step up double! Seperate the men from the boys or the smart from the stupid lol!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I dont mind grabbin some air(pix) but I dont think theres enough room on the start for it either. Ill have to look for myself.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
From riding the dunes in Utah and California, that's how I play the throttle going up a hill, never know what's on the other side and the 700 has enough torque where you don't need to keep the throttle open.

Too bad MS is so far away, I sure would like to try those dunes out.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I at first noticed that but I started paying attention to riding style and I believe its more to do with that than anything. Looked to be that the Raptor rider was more confident in climbing the hill and in return used only what was needed to climb it.
I would have jumped the hill since to me it looks like my kind of hill to jump. Maybe 3rd gear pinned. Im not too far away and when I get me another Raptor I will come down.
Third gear pinned...... ok I'll go low fourth gear!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts