Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, a few months ago i was blowen around in the powder in 5th pinned when she stood up and stalled... i started it back up and it sounded like the valves were off. so on my way back home she locked up. and i havent been able to pull her apart till today.

i droped my exhaust valves. so the piston and bore are f&*ked i think the head can be save. gona talk to bo about it.. my crank looks good!

im thinking a 730 kit and port
some pics... lol the piston is missen some meat

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
i think your timing chain tensioner failed, you would have to be the unluckiest person to ahve two valves break at the same time, was the cam timing lined up when you pulled it apart?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
it looks really good for dropping a valve you can save quite a bit of that actually the head is going to need all new valves probably a couple seats and guides i dont usually mess with trying to save a few valves even if they look ok. one valve probably broke and hit the other one

Just so you know

"i started it back up and it sounded like the valves were off. so on my way back home she locked up. and i havent been able to pull her apart till today."

i know people dont usually know but if you stopped here and pulled it home it would be a $200 fix instead of $1000 plus

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was in the middle of a snow covered feild and there was no way i coulda pushed it out and nobody was around on sleds..but i didnt rev it high or anything and it was almost on idle when she went...

the intake looks clean but im gona replace em anyway... do u think my crank is fine... there is no visible damage to it. i am gona pull her apart and get all the shrapnel thats in the case.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
What could have caused that?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
wow, that piston is F'd up!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ikr!! lol i took the engine out today..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
What would have caused the valves to drop?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stressed piston hiting them

·
Premium Member
723 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lmfaooo. gezz 2 wifes.... damn ppl are crazy

·
Registered
258 Posts
im still thinking that you may have had the timing chain jump causing the piston and valves to meet, personally i would be looking into exactly why it happened caus both valves dont break similtainously bue to wear and i would hate to put another motor together to find it does the same thing a few hours later

·
Registered
574 Posts
im still thinking that you may have had the timing chain jump causing the piston and valves to meet, personally i would be looking into exactly why it happened caus both valves dont break simultaneously due to wear and i would hate to put another motor together to find it does the same thing a few hours later
x 2 ...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i hade to cut the timing chain to get the cam out so its getin a new one no matter what.. i think i had bad gas in it and when it stalled it cause really bad detonation and warped the piston.. and that it hit both valve untill they craped out.

now is the fun part... pullin the motor apart to get all the remains outa it

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ain't no way bad gas caused all that.....my guess is you somehow jumped timing.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im wonder how would that happen....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Could be that your tensioner failed or the chain had too much stretch and it jumped a tooth or the drive sproket for the timing chain on the crank could have moved. I have heard of the crank sproket moving before with the raptor, it is rare, but I have heard of it....I don't know if the XX could have that happen or not. Did you check to see if it was in time before you took it apart?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I would like some better pics but from what I see you dropped one valve and it took out the other. Better pics plus the valve remains would help out. Can't quite figure why you would cut the cam chain , other than you snapped the cam aswell.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
well i hade to cut the timing chain to get the cam out so its getin a new one no matter what.. i think i had bad gas in it and when it stalled it cause really bad detonation and warped the piston.. and that it hit both valve untill they craped out.

now is the fun part... pullin the motor apart to get all the remains outa it
Why did you have to cut the timing chain?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts