Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

next time you plan on building a new quad, take the time to factor in that sometimes people need to be able to reach the sparkplug on it easily for various reasons, dont put the damn thing under the gas tank where you have to take half of the god damned bike apart to change it,

and while you are repositioning the sparkplug location, change the type of park plug to one used on ANY OTHER atv so that there is a slim chance of any of the 5 dealers in my area would have it in stock.

next, please add an extra inch to the damn fuel tank hose to at least give us enough room to put a pair of needle nose pliers on the clamp to remove the hose to access the rare ass sparkplug that you so kindly put beneath the tank.

:end rant:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sounds like its just as fun as my LTR, after working on it, if I ever meet the guy who designed it, I will shoot him in the face with a bazooka....I feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
For the spark plug go to a auto parts shop. They use this plug mainly in cars like the Honda Prelude.
But I grateful that a 700xx plug costs £4, The 450R plug costs £13.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Simply, I sent baxter a pix message of how to do it by hand, IDK if he has tried it yet or not, but I kind of have really big hands and can change on in about 3 minutes. He may still have the email w/ the pics if you want it. Also, I learned the hard way w/ replacing these plugs, my Napa didn't even have them, so they ordered me them and I picked up a whole pack (12 I think).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tried the auto parts store, all they have is autolite, it misses with the autolite and not with the ngk.my buddy at the suzuki shop ordered me 10 and put them on the stock list so they willm always have 10 in stock.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I thought they where really easy. I checked/ changed mine lots when I was playing with the tuning. I just use the honda tool kit thats under the seat.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
hey be happy u dont have a 450r never hade to change one on one but i can only imagen.... it aint to bad with the 700xx...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought they where really easy. I checked/ changed mine lots when I was playing with the tuning. I just use the honda tool kit thats under the seat.
i forgot about that thing, i bet it would be easy with that...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.