Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the desert II bumper from PRM. I have read on the forums that rubber bushings are included to help with frame flex so that the welds don't crack. So, I just want to make sure I installed the bumper correctly... when all is bolted tightly, I can move the bumper around my hand with about 1/2" play. Is this correct?

I understand how this works, but it's just weird because I never had to do this with my old quads.

Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine moves around too. As long as you put the aluminum washers on correctly it will not be a problem. It took me a while to get used to it on my XX but it ain't too bad now. Just don't tie your quad down by the bumper when you load it up. Run your strap around behind in through the frame.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Exactly

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming the aluminum washers go with the head of the bolts so that the bumper doesn't pop off.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That's how I figured it too

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if the welds on the bumper would bust if the rubber bushings were taken out... prm quality is usually the best.

The rubber bushing setup just seems a little sloppy to me.. curious on what would break if you smack a tree or something. I mean, I understand the concept, but I think the most importance purpose for me on having a bumper is to move around the front end in sticky situations. Maybe it doesn't matter though.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I wonder if the welds on the bumper would bust if the rubber bushings were taken out... prm quality is usually the best.

The rubber bushing setup just seems a little sloppy to me.. curious on what would break if you smack a tree or something. I mean, I understand the concept, but I think the most importance purpose for me on having a bumper is to move around the front end in sticky situations. Maybe it doesn't matter though.
The PRM won't break if you leave the bushings out, but the mounts on the frame will. At least mine did anyways. Use the rubbers.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The PRM won't break if you leave the bushings out, but the mounts on the frame will. At least mine did anyways. Use the rubbers.
Yea use the rubbers, my dg bumper snapped off at the bottom bracket without hitting anything. After re-welding and using rubber washers, I haven't had a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
The prm bumpers will break just like all the other bumpers if they are not rubber mounted. I've seen it first hand. The welds will break. Use the rubber and washers!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I'll be using the rubber! :D

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
you can get the rubber bushings or washers from prm the people who make the desert 2 bumper

1 - 16 of 16 Posts