Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Arizona and summer will be here shortly. Which oil do you recommend for the 700XX for desert riding in high temperatures? I won't be riding when it's 115 but would like to ride on days that may reach 100-105. It's a dry heat as they say and while I'm sure I'll be OK as long as I drink gallons of h2o I want to protect my motor as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No problem! I live in the Mojave Dessert and know what you mean! LOL

AMSOIL's 0W-40 is a great oil for ALL season riding. It was developed to handle the high temperatures created by ATVs. It is also very good at not breaking down itself. See, the problem with the high heat is that it causes many oils to start vaporizing, which leads to metal on metal contact and THAT is when you start harmiing your engine!!! AMSOIL 0W-40 prevents oxidation of the oil as well as it vaporizing. This is going to hold the viscocity and resist oil breakdown, thus protecting your engine in high (or low) tmeperatures.

Take care

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How often should I change it? I'm not racing just haulin' ass around the desert. Nothing t0o crazy but not just sight seeing either. 20-30 hours?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts