Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

dg exhaust question

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  z400 
i had the dg r-series slip-on on my xx for the money i paid for it new ($160) it was very noticable power gains over stock, but one of the loudest exhuast i've herd, to me it still sounded good though.

I had one major problem the pipe section that slips over the stock head pipe was warpped when being welded to the rest of the pipe, so instead of being round it was ovaled. i had to hunt down a small pipe expander and try like hell to round it out again with out going too big. once i got that fit and finish was good, one the first ride some of the packing was being blown out around the end cap though.

i would still recomend the exhaust

i didnt have a fuel controller but it would help at any level mine had a little stumble and sputter every now and then without. it also really felt like there was more power there but with out the controller i wasn't getting that power. i was also running a pro flow intake with k&n filter so i had alot more air flow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.