Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

dg exhaust question

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  z400 
#1 ·
has anyone ever had anything to do with dg exhaust on a 700xx or any other bike just wondering about power and noise level they are very cheap to buy compared to the others and yes baker fans i know your out there.lol.

#2 ·
i had a dg exhaust dg gold head and dg port and polish job on my1979 YZ-80 and that sob screamed

#3 ·
I dont have experience with DG but experience tells me you will get what you pay for.

#4 ·
i had the dg r-series slip-on on my xx for the money i paid for it new ($160) it was very noticable power gains over stock, but one of the loudest exhuast i've herd, to me it still sounded good though.

I had one major problem the pipe section that slips over the stock head pipe was warpped when being welded to the rest of the pipe, so instead of being round it was ovaled. i had to hunt down a small pipe expander and try like hell to round it out again with out going too big. once i got that fit and finish was good, one the first ride some of the packing was being blown out around the end cap though.

i would still recomend the exhaust

#6 ·
wildmannum1 did you have fuel controler on with that exhaust or did you run with out im not sure how they are set up if my altitude would compensate for the freer flowing exhaust im at about 2300'( i think) and if they are all set sea level then i should be good with out controler?

#7 ·
i didnt have a fuel controller but it would help at any level mine had a little stumble and sputter every now and then without. it also really felt like there was more power there but with out the controller i wasn't getting that power. i was also running a pro flow intake with k&n filter so i had alot more air flow

#12 ·
post a video will yea.

#14 ·
I here ya. Where bouts are you from?

#16 ·
well got the pipe put on today and yes it is LOUD not complaning yet but ya it is LOUD it does sound good though a nice deep sound when in the torque and quite snappy when reving the fit and finish is well am not sure yet time will tell but the first thing i noticed is that the pipe only slips on to the head pipe with no way of clamping it on not sure that is such a good idea and the second thing is that the pipe was leaking from where the pipe goes into the can hopfully this goes away i cant comment on power gains yet untill i can get back on the river were i can get some traction and the studs hookup.but for the price i cant complian (yet)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.