Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone had delt with dhl beofre and if so what did you think of them?
As i ordered a heap of gear from riders discount in your great country (to australia)and its been a month since it was sent and i still havnt seen it yet, just wondering if it was normal for dhl to take this long to deliever stuff

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
i have only used them once a couple years ago, but I dont remember it taking any longer than ups or fedex. month is too long even to ship around the world.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I always use ups! DHL i thought had went out of business?
I thought that too, but then I started seeing the dhl vans again. maybe they went bankrupt then got bailed out or something.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Last time I got a package from DHL 2 years ago, I watched as the delivery woman threw my stuff across my lawn to the front door...That was the last time I ever considered using them...

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I've always had a lot better luck with DHL than anyone else. And if you're shipping, theyre a LOT cheaper than UPS.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I actually use USPS more now. Way cheaper than UPS and have never had issues

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
DHL is used alot here in sweden as well as UPS.
works great here tho.
get a note in the mail where to get my package if im not at home :)

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
DHL is mainly used for shipping International and have used them and are usually pretty reliable especially overseas, I would check with them online, they are pretty proficient towards helping you out. Sometimes it takes longer due to incorrect or improper fill out custom forms. Did the company give you a tracking number and if so go onto the DHL website, it should tell you what's happening

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have asked riders discount and dhl for any kind of tracking info and they say that its not available as when the item enters aus the package number changes which i reckon causis a load of crap, i just want to know where my new riding gear is

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
That's BS since I was able to track my shipments to and from China and Japan so they're full of it. The sender should have a tracking # and with that # you should be able to track it to at least when it arrived in Aus.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Quite honestly I would ask the sender to give you a tracking # or just cancel the order and let them know that other people in the forums know how they treat their customers!!! This might just wake them up.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
That's BS since I was able to track my shipments to and from China and Japan so they're full of it. The sender should have a tracking # and with that # you should be able to track it to at least when it arrived in Aus.
I was going to say the same thing. I buy stuff from hong kong on ebay all the time and almost always get a tracking number.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
ask... no, demand a tracking number. If they can't provide you with one, cancel the order and demand a full refund. I suggest another company to buy from because you should never be hassled when it comes down to your money spent.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im in the process of trying to get one now, as i spoke to dhl and they say that when a item is picked up it is given a barcode which is attached to a consignment note (each consignment note having a serial number), when i call dhl they can use this number to find out where the item is but it cant be used for online tracking of that makes sense.

The problem is the company im dealing with doesnt seem to realise this and each time i email them i get a relpy from a different person, so its getting annoying having to deal with different people and explain things over again,

at first the company were great to deal with, i mixed up the order and put down a xs helmat rather than a xl, realised this after i submitted the order and they said no worries we will send you the correct size helmet and if you can return the xs one when you get it as the order had already been picked up. the xl helmet was on back order so i changed it from a V1 fox double down to a V2 empire 2 helmet and didnt charge me for the difference and i recieved the xl helmet 6days later via ups priority mail

at the moment i dont know wether to be annoyed not getting the tracking number, or if its dhl taking there time, or wether the company i bought it off filled the customs form out wrong causing it to get held up somewhere

·
Registered
53 Posts
"Day and a Half Late!" Or at least that is what their delivery guy told me once. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts