Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
nice, how heavy does the xx feel in air, havent really got to jump mine that much yet

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice, how heavy does the xx feel in air, havent really got to jump mine that much yet
The XX really isn't that hard to manage in the air, its the landing thats the issue. I posted that landing pick for a reason, to show how rough the landing is. I think the big 3 would be nice but a set of aftermarket shocks would be much nicer. Thanks for looking and posting comments!:D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Haha, you sure did. I did take some video, there wasn't that much footage so I didn't put a video together. I suppose I can today but it wont be anything that great.

where's the video?!

My luck, i'd veer off to the right on landing. Get introduced to a trailer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
^^^^ ya.. I second that ^^^^

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I have to agree with you about the landing. I also did a little jumping over the weekend, but my jumps didn't look so pretty... in fact, they were downright U-G-L-Y! Where I was jumping, the track has steep high jumps rather than more shallow long type jumps. When you land, you feel just how stiff the shocks are. I'm 61 and my body can't take too much of that. A-arms (Houser) and shocks (Fox) have moved to the head of the list for mods... soon as I get coin to do it.
Didn't get any pics of my ugly jumping because my riding buddy couldn't work my new camera that Santa got me.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to agree with you about the landing. I also did a little jumping over the weekend, but my jumps didn't look so pretty... in fact, they were downright U-G-L-Y! Where I was jumping, the track has steep high jumps rather than more shallow long type jumps. When you land, you feel just how stiff the shocks are. I'm 61 and my body can't take too much of that. A-arms (Houser) and shocks (Fox) have moved to the head of the list for mods... soon as I get coin to do it.
Didn't get any pics of my ugly jumping because my riding buddy couldn't work my new camera that Santa got me.

roadkill
First, did you say you're 61?!!? Thats insane, I hope I can ride at that age. Second, upgraded shocks have to be by far one of the best mods ever. Especially is you're racing or jumping! I've seen the difference between stock and aftermarket with my 400ex, its crazy. I would love to have more power but I'd also love to have some ishocks or fox floats, elka will do too. haha:nuts:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
First, did you say you're 61?!!? Thats insane, I hope I can ride at that age. Second, upgraded shocks have to be by far one of the best mods ever. Especially is you're racing or jumping! I've seen the difference between stock and aftermarket with my 400ex, its crazy. I would love to have more power but I'd also love to have some ishocks or fox floats, elka will do too. haha:nuts:
Yes, I'm 61 and feel like it as well. I only started riding 2 years ago with a 300ex. Kept the 300ex for about a year before I used it as a trade in on my 700xx. I don't race but might be interested in some XC... IF we can get District 36 to add a quad class to their race schedule. I do "play" around a bit on the various MX tracks and I may be the slowest one out there, but then, I really don't care. If anyone says anything about how slow I am, I just answer... see how YOU ride when you get to my age.

roadkill

·
Registered
10 Posts
The XX is nice in the air, but when it comes back down to Earth, its HELL on wheels. The backend of mine sems to wanna bounce off to the right or to the left on take off; which makes for some really interesting airtime and landings. Luckily, mine has been rolled yet. Knock on wood. Ill stick with the CR125 for the MX tracks. Has anyone else noticed that their XX seems to KICK ASS in mudd? This thing of mine diggs and drives in circles around most other 4wheelers we have. No real mud machines, no huge tires or anything, but the XX seems to kick it in the mudd.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts