Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That the gas you put in your car at the Arco station or any other brand probably was NOT actually refined by Arco?

Gasoline comes from all the different refineries are the same no matter what brand. Federal law sets minimum standards for gas and the different companies meet these standards, but have no reason to exceed them and actually give you better gas.

The reason for this is in the way gas is delivered to stations from the refineries... by pipeline to distribution centers (local) and then into trucks to the station. A refinery may put in 100,000 barrels at one end of the pipeline and draw out 100,000 barrels at the other end 1000 miles away AT THE SAME TIME... They do not have to wait for that particular 100,000 barrels to actually travel the 1000 miles in order to draw from the pipeline 1000 miles away. Many companies put product into the pipeline and that's why it all has to meet minimum standards... Arco may draw out their "credit" from gas that was actually refined by BP. The difference is gas brands comes from that brand's additives and they are not blended into the raw gas stocks until the gas gets to their own distribution centers where their own tanker trucks are loaded before going to your local station. The gas at a different station is not different... just the additives.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Long story short, Yes. When you purchase gas at different stations the only difference is your purchasing there special "blend". Some do have to pass certain criteria before it is sold to them though, Your cheapo depot gas may pass a legal standard but your Exxon etc will usually have to pass higher criteria.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I can Pass Gas!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yep. This is why...awe fuk it...I can't think of anything funny.
You should really seek help for this Scuzz, Post whoring isn't contagious is it?

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
You should really seek help for this Scuzz, Post whoring isn't contagious is it?
OK, so you gotta understand, lemme paint you a picture:

I'm 800 miles from my wife and kids. In a fukin 5th wheel that I have to let the water run tonight so it doesn't freeze. I'm (roadkill, don't read this part) 1/2 through 750 ml of crown and there is SQUAT on television. I'm in a goofy mood and wanna have fun.

So, there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Do you have an iPhone?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Ahh, We could have played games together lol. Below is the picture I painted in my head of your boredom

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm in now, Turning wrenches on the XX!!!! Hell eyea, I'm excited lol

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'll have it together before I go offshore on the 25th, It should have been together but It had to take a back seat to remodeling the house and Christmas etc.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
No not really, I powder coated the cases Black Chrome and will polish the little covers (oil filter cover etc) I wanted to powder coat it the Honda matte Gold but at the time I was in a rush to get back together so went with a color they had in stock. I also had all the gears powder coated with a dry lubricant.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, so you gotta understand, lemme paint you a picture:

I'm 800 miles from my wife and kids. In a fukin 5th wheel that I have to let the water run tonight so it doesn't freeze. I'm (roadkill, don't read this part) 1/2 through 750 ml of crown and there is SQUAT on television. I'm in a goofy mood and wanna have fun.

So, there.
Did you think I was going to try to counsel you on the 1/2 bottle of Crown?... Nah, only if you had my hourly rate. I'm easy, but not cheap.

roadkill

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.