Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had new front tyres fitted (22" Razr style tread), however it appears one of them has been fitted back to front (inside out) as treads run in different directions. Will it make a noticeable difference to handling, has anyone ridden like this before ?

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Personally know, I haven't tried it. I would say no problem at slow speeds. But I would remount asap. So did you get 2 left's or right's?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the same tyre, just mounted in reverse so instead of a V shaped formation facing forward, one side faces backwards if you get my drift.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
priesty,
If you notice, there is an arrow on the side of the tire showing the direction of travel. I would recommend having the tire (or tyre) remounted. I believe that the tire is manufactured with the plies facing the direction that the tires must travel. The incorrectly mounted could separate or otherwise be damaged over a short time. If the tire is on the front or back there could be a difference in tracking or hamper the ability to climb hills. IMHO
Sid

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a pair of Honda Ranchers that ended up with the front tires mixed up between them. Both machines pulled badly in the direction of the backwards tire. When they were corrected the pull went away. So yes IMHO it matters. Hope this helps

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I think I'll play safe & have the tyre re-fitted correctly B4 I ride again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts