Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the Sand Box MX track on Sunday. Rode all morning long. The track has some big jumps and it was muddy. By 2:00 all the dirt bikers show up. I stay out until they take a break then I go ride while it is not crowded.
One biker cuts me off in the top of the turn and I had to slam on my brakes to keep from running him over. No big deal. Then he roster tails me full of mud. :argh:
Man I was FREAKN PISSED! :steamed: I tried keeping up but I could not take the jumps like him. So I was going to catch him on the strait away after I make the next turn. The dirt was so deep that i lost it in the turn and roled the quad. LOL
Lucky for him...I was going to run him over on the next turn. :D
By the time I got it started and finished the course I thought I lost him. Then I noticed him right in front.
So I hit the speed and I am on his tail. He gets off the track and I am following him to his truck to kuse him out.:beat:
He drops his goggles in front of me, he turns around to get them and watches me drive right over them while I stare him down. :rock:
He was bumbed. I turned around and drove past him wanting to hear another word. :mad: Silence...Oh! did I feel so good for running over his goggles and not starting a fight.

This guy can just :birds: off if he thinks he owns the track. :xx:
Am I the only one that has been treated like this?
Was I wrong for what I did?
Do I need to go back to Anger Management Class?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I was at Hollister Hills SVRA with a bunch of other friends... WITH kids. The place has both a db mx track where ATVs are not allowed and a separate mx track for ATVs. I took the kids (girls 12 and 14) out to our track and waited till the track was clear of fast riders so the girls could get out and have some fun. The other ATV riders stayed off so the kids could have the track to themselves. After about 2 laps, 2 db riders got on the track and started to just fly around the kids roosting and cutting in front of them several times. Several of us waved the kids off and then blocked the track with our quads to stop the db'ers. They had the balls to ask what the fuck we were doing. Before any of us could yank them off their bikes and kick the crap outta them, 2 park rangers showed up... They'd seen what the db'ers did and threw them outta the park... told them that they're not welcome back. Took the rangers a few minutes to get from their position on the hill and down to the track. The db'ers got off easy with the rangers getting there in time... I was only one of 9-10 ATVers who was ready to beat the crap outta them for putting the kids in danger like they did. Just a note here... Dirt bikes are not allowed on the ATV mx track just like ATVs aren't allowed on their mx track. The other ATV riders there had the courtesy to take a break and let the kids have the track to themselves.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I was at Hollister Hills SVRA with a bunch of other friends... WITH kids. The place has both a db mx track where ATVs are not allowed and a separate mx track for ATVs. I took the kids (girls 12 and 14) out to our track and waited till the track was clear of fast riders so the girls could get out and have some fun. The other ATV riders stayed off so the kids could have the track to themselves. After about 2 laps, 2 db riders got on the track and started to just fly around the kids roosting and cutting in front of them several times. Several of us waved the kids off and then blocked the track with our quads to stop the db'ers. They had the balls to ask what the fuck we were doing. Before any of us could yank them off their bikes and kick the crap outta them, 2 park rangers showed up... They'd seen what the db'ers did and threw them outta the park... told them that they're not welcome back. Took the rangers a few minutes to get from their position on the hill and down to the track. The db'ers got off easy with the rangers getting there in time... I was only one of 9-10 ATVers who was ready to beat the crap outta them for putting the kids in danger like they did. Just a note here... Dirt bikes are not allowed on the ATV mx track just like ATVs aren't allowed on their mx track. The other ATV riders there had the courtesy to take a break and let the kids have the track to themselves.

roadkill
Same rules . They are not covered with insurance.
Also adding to first post. You are not the only one. I had one kid do it to me once !!! . Only once the second time I never braked and he plowed into the side of me (glad I had nerfs). I carried on riding , Ever seen a CR125 + young punk rider cartwheel down a track and over the berm. He dad came flying over accusing me of all sorts . After he had finished , asked his son , was I in front on the straight . Answer "yes" so he must of hit me !
I tend not to brake for db's unless I know them.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
dirtbikers filth critters they are. they have damn near burried me at the dunes. but with my haulers now revenge has been oh so sweet.:birds:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ive bent the read wheels on dirt bike be4 from hittin them after hey cut me off.. but for rost if its a 250 or 125 ill try to pass em and ill get them back and whip my rear end around... 450 i wait for them to come around the next lap and ill launch as hard as i can and spray em..

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have several friends that have bikes and quads. We tell them that when they are on the bikes that their ego gets inflated and they turn into "Dirt Bike Assholes." Don't forget that DB also stands for Douche Bag.

I have had a few bikes over the years, but don't hold it against me.

I am not saying that there aren't "Quad assholes" as well, but they are much fewer and farrer between.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I never really liked the whole dirtbike and atv conflicts they have just as much right too be on a trail/track as we do I always hear the well you guys make ruts from both sides but in reality we all make ruts why start an argument over it

if you get roosted by someone your too close if your on a track its part of racing

Now cutting someone off on anything is not good thing you should have made him aware of his absent mind and went on

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I never really liked the whole dirtbike and atv conflicts they have just as much right too be on a trail/track as we do I always hear the well you guys make ruts from both sides but in reality we all make ruts why start an argument over it

if you get roosted by someone your too close if your on a track its part of racing

Now cutting someone off on anything is not good thing you should have made him aware of his absent mind and went on

In the UK , were second rate. They would spit on us if they could. I raced 2 wheelers for 11 years then bought a 450r then the 700xx. I got so much stick for going to 4 wheels that I actually got quads at there race meetings. When the racing was done , I invited all my fellow riders and critics (assholes) to do a few laps. Most of the guys I know were sort "WTF would you try to race that thing". Then we had some fun. OK , get youre bike out ,lets race. That was so much fun. Won 75% of the races and could not stop laughin.
Quads over here are thought of differantly to the US. You travel to the next place to ride and we Brits wait till there is enough of us to hire the track. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
So you're on a MX track that's muddy and you get roosted so you destroy his goggles and you think that's cool? Quad riders have a hard enough time with a bad rep without people like you making it worse.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
As a rider that rides both, and particularly I ride DB's more as I am better at that, I do see what you mean. I have been in this situation several times, both on quads and dirtbikes. When it comes to dirtbikes I usually love hauling arse around the burms and stuff, more so than most atvers would do. Anyway, it isn't just dirtbike riders. It is an assortment of A-holes from all sorts of rides. I see people going up on quads fish tailing on purpose up trails trying to throw more rocks and stuff at people. I see dirtbikers pass people like in the original post when they shouldn't. I for one try to pass the quads and stuff on the straight aways right out of the corners that way there is plenty of straight line room, plus I will yell saying I am passing them. There is a place back home that has 6 tracks total, 3 of which are all universal. I love to ride the dirtbikes with the quads all at the same time as it makes it harder for the quads to keep up most of the time, but then again I like riding it on the quads to see what they can do.

Roadkill, I wish I was there with you b/c that is retarded. Especially when there was another track. one of my friends started racing and she is 12, so when her father came out and asked me to ride with her I said sure, and told her to onlycome out there when the big kids werent out there. Needless to say all the big kids left so she came out along w/ some other smaller kids and I was riding next to her taking it all nice and easy when this idiot came out of no where. He thought he was king Tut or something as he was passing everyone and was on a quad. So at the next lap I instructed my friend to ride off for a minute, and all the other kids (3 total) followed her and as the kid passed me I rode him down. He was on a 450R quad, and I just got in front of him and roosted the hell out of him for a good half a lap looking behind me as much as I could to be sure he was still there. He stopped and I swung around. He asked what my prob was and I told him, and then said if I had a bike stand right there I'd be beating the hell out of him. He apologized and said he didn't realize, just that there were slow people on the track and he could finally beat someone. RETARDED!!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Its a case of show me respect and I will do likewise. Treat me like shit and thats what youre gunna get and then some !
Argue all you want , I give ALL riders respect, it's upto them to keep it . :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've heard crap flinging both ways, which is kinda silly really since we are all out there to ride

My only real complaint against dirt bikes is they make a single rut which makes trails off centered for us on atv's. Most of the time this isn't a problem but some single ruts are BAD and I have to lean hard to keep from flipping

Insult I have gotten: "When you gonna take the training wheels off and buy a real bike?"
Insults I've given: "Nice dirt bike, but you couldn't afford the other half?" or just "Might want to take it back you are missing half your bike!"

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I've heard crap flinging both ways, which is kinda silly really since we are all out there to ride

My only real complaint against dirt bikes is they make a single rut which makes trails off centered for us on atv's. Most of the time this isn't a problem but some single ruts are BAD and I have to lean hard to keep from flipping

Insult I have gotten: "When you gonna take the training wheels off and buy a real bike?"
Insults I've given: "Nice dirt bike, but you couldn't afford the other half?" or just "Might want to take it back you are missing half your bike!"
HAHA, I like your first insult, considering dirtbikes are as expensive as quads. When you think about it, it doesn't make sense LOL.

·
Registered
146 Posts
well this is one reason why we race teh series we race its not a democracy like most racing sanctioning bodies this guy does it himself and he's judge jury and executioner he made ti very clear when he invited the bikes to join us that there was a reason its called ATVMOTION lol and he said if they couldnt handle gettin along with quad riders dotn show up cause he'd be more than willing to pitch em out we all ahve to get along...

now as for the whole roosting and stuff ya if you can tell its intintional then id be pissed too and probably woulda done the same as you. the big thing here where we ride near the lake involves both though and thats when the beaches are crowded and neither one give the boaters adn kids the room they need now that chaps my hide you dont go blowin down a beach full fo ppl like that.. but they do ...

·
Registered
330 Posts
So he cuts u off and roosts u and this is not a racd just practice well running over his goggles was the lessor of things todo. Thing could of done and result
Stop and his truck ask him wtf... Now ur in fight and off to jail
Follow to truck and roost him and his truck back flinging googles back to him Broken glass? Chipped paint? Maybe fight
Follow him to truck jump off moving quad squashing to the ground stand up and leave no affter effects unless db er is dead

Just for laughs no one ever passes me i dont stop! This goes for adults. Roosting doesnt bother me Just dont pass me and slow down cause im not slowing down my buddy doesnt either a db er found it out hard way when my buddy ran the db and guy completely over this was after being cut off repratedly and roosted

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I had my first experience in Brimstone when some guy on a db stopped us to tell us someone in the lead was an ass an roosted him...its funny how he forgot just moments before he went around the same guy trying to get out of a huge mud hole and tried fitting between me and another quad well he failed slammed into me and then kept going did I say anything no...I am riding shit happens I am sure he didnt mean anymore then Chuck did...lol karma does happen :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
HAHA Nikki, I still say I was a ways from them when I took off. But oh well, they could of waited 30 seconds and nothing wouldve happened.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts