Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well they cancelled our local dirt drags yesterday because of all the rain so I thought I'd take a few pics with the wheelie bar on beforeI take it off. Its built completely built out of aluminum. Only thing heavy is the shock. Its a air shock only thing I had around the house that was 21 inches long. I plan on ordering a marvin shaw when I redo it this winter. Three bolts and its off the machine only thing thats on the machine is the brackets.
View attachment 2052

View attachment 2053

View attachment 2054

View attachment 2055

·
Registered
49 Posts
Working on something for you guys who like to drag.
It's not engine mods , just something to help you out with the weight issue. :D

I would assume aluminum a arms would drop like 15lbs that would be nice....I wish honda would do a full aluminum frame and drop like 30lbs then it would be a beast,

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well they cancelled our local dirt drags yesterday because of all the rain so I thought I'd take a few pics with the wheelie bar on beforeI take it off. Its built completely built out of aluminum. Only thing heavy is the shock. Its a air shock only thing I had around the house that was 21 inches long. I plan on ordering a marvin shaw when I redo it this winter. Three bolts and its off the machine only thing thats on the machine is the brackets.
View attachment 2052

View attachment 2053

View attachment 2054

View attachment 2055
Very cool

·
Registered
755 Posts
Very sick headpipe colors!!!!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
cool, one off are ok dont be afraid to be different. One thing i will say with the bar is the skinny tire may not work as good as a wider one, i did a lot of testing with a semi similar design bar it worked well until i overpowered it. The side to side flex you will get with your shock will have an impact as well but until you are really serious dragging it will be fine might want to look into a wider wheel though

i have some non bearing go kart 2 piece aluminum ones here i would about give you if you wanted to make something with them but the bearing type are the easiest to use

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool, one off are ok dont be afraid to be different. One thing i will say with the bar is the skinny tire may not work as good as a wider one, i did a lot of testing with a semi similar design bar it worked well until i overpowered it. The side to side flex you will get with your shock will have an impact as well but until you are really serious dragging it will be fine might want to look into a wider wheel though

i have some non bearing go kart 2 piece aluminum ones here i would about give you if you wanted to make something with them but the bearing type are the easiest to use
I've already had some bad experiances with the skinny wheel, I'm hoping to switch it to a 2 piece go-cart style with bearing before my next race. Thanks for the offer on the wheel though. Do you have any good advise on paddle tires for the sand tracks. I was looking at skat-trak 22x11x10 maybe 10 paddle. Not sure on what type would be best hauler, extreme, or ripper.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
an awsome tire that almost nobody knows about is called a mini desert track comp cut #2 its a 10" wheel very light works really well on mid and higher powered bikes on a alot of surfaces. It can run harder pack and still run a paddle track its kind of like a prowedge on steroids. But they are expensive and wear quicker than prowedges if your on a budget pro wedgeII are only about $200 a set mounted to rims where those are $500-$600

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'll check them out thanks. I still got a set of new pro wedgeII but they are only made for 8in rims thats why I'm running zippers they make them for a 10in rim. Zippers seem to work good on dirt tracks but not as good on the sand tracks thats why I was asking about paddles.I got a couple of sets of haulers for my 2smoke but they won't fit on the 700xx or I'd try them.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Is there some sort of rule book or forum for drag setup ?
I am trying some stuff but the only thing I know about sand drags etc is what I have picked up from this forum.
Basically trying to find what is done to make a decent drag quad.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
yeah its called spend a lot of money, scratch your head, throw stuff at the wall a few times and sometimes just guessing. There is a lot more to drag racing than most people think it really showcases engine, chassis, tuning, and overall thought of how to go fast much more than about any other type of racing. It takes a good rider but you wont win without a good bike. Unlike a lot of pro racing you can throw some of these great riders on a sub par bike and still be a contender.

weight is just as much a factor as power and an even bigger factor is getting power to ground some forums for just drag racing are planetsand.com (not free) atvdragracers.com some of the raptor forums/sites have been pretty well drag influenced latley. Its hard to have a descent drag quad you ride in the woods

1 - 20 of 32 Posts