Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the mag and I didn't really like what I was reading. They made it sound like the XX couldn't really compete with the outlaw or raptor so they put it against a automatic, straight axle turd. They mentioned a few things about why the outlaw was better or the raptor was better. It seemed for every good thing they said about the XX they had to cut it down too. I know some people say that yamaha is in their back pocket. I saw they had a 4x4 shootout, I checked to see who won the shoot out and it was yamaha, haha. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive, I dont know...Thoughts?:eek:hno:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I guess the New Yamaha MX 450 winning last months shoot out of MX ready 450's is just another coincidence.:confused:

I think Yamaha makes a great machine, but now that you mention it the only time DW rates a machine well is when there is no direct Yamaha competiton.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
551 Posts
yamaha is in thier pocket it makes me sick!!!! :steamed:they ALWAYS compare it to something thats not even in the same class. :disgust:the XX works best in rocky, rutted, or the crappiest terrain u can find! i had a 06 craptor it had good power it handled well, but it wasn't the best for the types of ridin we have in Tennessee, but thats my opinion. my nephew has a outlaw its a good set up but not even close to bein good as my TRX 700XX

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really they should praise Honda for mating the power/torque of a raptor to the IRS of the Outlaw. I believe all are GREAT machines but when people cut down an awesome machine like the XX its purely because they are hating on it. I've ridden the Raptor 660, 700r, outlaw 525 and the XX is really an amazing machine.

Dear Dirt Wheels magazine,
:birds:.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'd like to know why in their last issue for the 450 shoot out the didn't have the Honda 450 in the mix?

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I'll tell you what, after the initial reviews came out on the XX, I almost changed my mind and bought an Outlaw. But I decided to stick with it and just go with my gut feeling. I am SOOOO glad I didn't put my trust into the mag reviews. It is amazing how much they dogged the XX initially.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
2nd That, the outlaw forums are jammed packed with recall and breakage post.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try googling Honda 700xx Recall......Nothing

Try googling Polaris Outlaw IRS recall.......Pages and pages of hits.:lmao:

I am soooo glad that I did not make that mistake

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm all for buying American if it's better quality. But it's not the case with ATV's. Polaris is junk. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble, but just because they are assembled in the US doesn't make them American Made.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's an American company headquartered in Minnesota. I know all US made things have foreign content. But Polaris main marketing is the fact they use as many US suppliers as possible.

·
Registered
364 Posts
no comparison to IRS PERIOD... The only thing this should be compared to is the outlaw 525.. So who cares if 1 wins in a drag or whatever...

Cant beat Honda motor hands down... and EFI is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Carb.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cant beat Honda motor hands down... and EFI is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Carb.
I agree, I like to go all over the country and ride at different locations and elevations. I sure got tired of rejetting all my old carburated machines. I now have a Rancher 420 w/ efi and my 700xx. The Rancher has my snowplow on it and I don't care how cold it is that thing fires right up. My old Brute Force w/ carbs wouldn't want to start at all when it got much below freezing.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Try googling Honda 700xx Recall......Nothing

Try googling Polaris Outlaw IRS recall.......Pages and pages of hits.:lmao:

I am soooo glad that I did not make that mistake
And both of us almost did! Yikes!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Carb tuning sucks.. Why not let a computer do it for you?

I tuned my carb in with dial a jet, was an easier way etc.. still $100

And maps galore for mods.. can you say free. Carbs are specific to the bike and each are different. Maps control to an ounce... ahh forget it. cant even argue the benefit of a carb over EFI.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I agree with going EFI, People can try to argue your outta luck working on EFI on the trails but when have you heard of it ever going out? I haven't seen one instance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I read the write up on the new 700XX it made me a little nervous that I had bought the wrong machine. But then I started thinking about Honda quality I realized I made a very smart choice. I've owned several Honda sport bikes, dirtbikes, and Honda cars and they have all ran excellent and been very reliable. I'm sure the Polaris and Yamaha are both incredible quads, I even test rode the Raptor before buying the 700XX. I know that in five years my 700XX and my wifes 400EX will be running excellent and giving us hours and hours of quality riding...I wonder how many of those Polaris Outlaws will still be on the trails. I know guys that are still riding old XR650s and XR400s every weekend on the trails without any problems. I'd love to see someone follow me up the side of a Colorado mountain trail covered in huge rocks with a Raptor...it's not going to happen. My 700XX kicks ass and I'll put it up against anyones quad now or in five years.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts