Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been discussed before, but it deserves another round! I have subscribed to Dirtwheels for some time now, and each passing month I wait and wait for them to finally do a "project 700xx " article, but it never seems to happen ! The TRX700XX has been on the market for 1 1/2 years and all they've really done is match it up against other machines ( of which the outcomes can trully be debated ). Each issue is the same as the last. How many articles or cover stories do we all need about the same atv's-namely the raptor 700-250-90 or the yfz450. Not to beat a dead horse, but Yamaha has definitely got them in their back pocket. Don't get me wrong, I've owned plenty of Yamaha's in my day, and they do produce good machines..(not as good as Honda )..., but c'mon!! Every issue is the same any more. When can we expect to see some more 700xx hop-ups, product evaluations and ride reviews? :confused:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Maybe you should cancel your subscription? I only get random ones cause my roommate rides a Raptor... but i think even he's converting soon. I can only wonder why - cause the Honda is better! (I can say that cause I have a Honda and a Yamaha 700)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Magazines will talor to their audience, not many XX's sold so far.....
The Raptor and YFZ is the hottest selling ATV yet. The arguement you should be posting is the XX would probably sell alot better if it was covered more often with better articles.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Yesah I agree with Bo, they're just targeting readers by the numbers. Why do you think all of their project bikes are 400EX, 450r's, Z400's and Raptor 350 and 700's? (it's because those are probably the top sellers by volume)

Club | 700 | xx

·
Banned
711 Posts
do your own project 700xx and send it in to them write up a little artical and hope that they print it....

again i feel the same... dirtwheels is getting old.... i am always scanning threw their looking for xx hop up parts only to find nothing out side of things like flexx bars or things of that nature. but nothing just for the xx.... thank god for ebay lol

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I do the same . Look for whats new for 700xx, Then look for tests of aftermarket parts for 700xx and usaully nothing . It takes about 30 mins to read most atv magazines then I get bored stairing at another test of a quad which I will never buy or want !
Somebody told that Honda had seriously pulled back on advertising. I feel that atv magazines can, make or break a new quad by there write ups. When I read that Honda was launching the 700xx ,I thought YES this is what I want. After reading the first tests out of sevaral magazines , I thought Hmm! maybe not. I decided to buy and try , if I did not like it I would sell it. I am glad I bought one and think the magazines are wrong. This an awesome quad and enjoyiable to ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree ! The first write-up of the xx basically made it sound like a tank that could't get out of it's own way, which i'm sure discouraged alot of readers away from it. Even when I meet up with people while riding, they usually quote what the magazines had to say about it. I too am glad I chose not to listen to the magazine reviews. The 700xx is a downright awesome machine, and most people who give it a chance and testride it would agree. I understand that the magazines want to cater to the majority and maybe thats all they're willing to do ! Maybe I should let the subscription run out ! It's like a radio station that only plays the same songs from the top 20 over and over, even though there is so much more music that they could play. Just would like to see more 700xx coverage thats all !!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
The only way the XX will make a name for itself is by "word of mouth." I've been out there at atv parks showing raptors what the XX can do. I haven't seen a raptor yet that isn't impressed with the XX. Two weekends ago I rode with 3 raptors. Everywhere we went they looked to me to set the bar in the rough stuff before they'd go. Kinda makes a statement doesn't it? XX-4-LIFE

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're absolutely right!! I ride with some raptors and some really modded 450's as well and each of them has ridden my xx and was totally impressed! The ride says it all !! Once they ride it, feel the power, and feel for themselves that it's not as heavy as they have imagined, they start to get very interested. I'm more than happy to spread the word about the 7000xx!!!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sure, if I was riding with someone on a XX I would let them go fisrt on the rough stuff just to see whats up on the XX. Kinda like if you guys went duning with someone on a Raptor you would probably want to see, at first, what the Raptor could do.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Sure, if I was riding with someone on a XX I would let them go fisrt on the rough stuff just to see whats up on the XX. Kinda like if you guys went duning with someone on a Raptor you would probably want to see, at first, what the Raptor could do.
Actually no, not at all. If I went to the dunes I'd be more than happy to go first. Plain and simple the mud was deep and they knew if my IRS couldn't make it they wouldn't have a chance. Why would I watch a raptor go first in anything at the dunes?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well i would be happy to race one mod to mod all day or i'll put mine back bone stock and still smoke bone stock kfx700 ass all day long

·
Registered
150 Posts
god damn i been sayin that allll day to them they dont get it evertyime i say that they tell me all the kfx's they got are heavily modded and will beat me so i keep sayin lets go mod for mod and thats wen they start sayin dumbass remarks

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well from what i read thier all Dumb asases over there if I had a 50,000 dollar xx I could smoke all thier stupid sissy girlie ass auto cvt trannies ass no matter how many mods they have

·
Registered
505 Posts
Don't let them get you down....I have raced both and the XX is a good bit faster mod for mod.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
By the way, Some good news . Quad magazine had a write up on the Elkas . It maybe nothing , But it is a half page of TRX700xx.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.