Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new and i saw a bunch of dif, posts but they flip flop, so do you need a programmer? i was planning on getting an hmf performance slip on or an fmf powercore slip on (which do you prefer) i had an hmf on my 400ex and i loved it compared to stock. When i put it on before i got it jetted i did see a huge power difference so not understanding why i wouldn't w/out a programmer. also i put the 13t on my 400ex, i do alot of trails/hills, i don't race, but i hear alot of ppl talking down on the 13t so give me suggestions for that please. and if anyone knows where you can get directions on how to change that can you point me in that direction as well, it looks like its gonna be a pain compared to the 400.

thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I dont think you will nedd a programmer, if you are just doing a slip on. As for the 13 sprocket, it kicks ass if your ATV is stock. I my self have the EHS big 3 and the 13 made first to short so i put the stock back on. I do love what the 13 can do but i just got used to the 14!!! look in the how to section its pretty Easy.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
As post #2 said, No programmer required for a slip-on. I've never tried the 13t but everyone seems to love it.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
If you have 22 inch tires a 13 tooth is almost perfect if you run 20's the 14 is the best. And go ahead and get a programmer it will make a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
You wont notice much gain with a slip on, it will sound better but not much of a power gain at all.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
imo everybody needs a programmer as we all know the 700xx is very lean from the factory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts