Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the place to kinda name drop. Who do you know or did you know that was or is famous??

When I was growing up in Long Beach, CA., one of my best friends grew up to play professional sports... But his older sister (bitch) got really really famous.
My friend Randy Moffit was drafted by the S.F. Giants in the 1st round as a pitcher and he played MLB for 12 years... Giants, Astros and Toronto.

Randy's older sister... Billie Jean Moffit (maiden name)... you might have heard of her as Billie Jean King. I think she won 5 Wimbleton titles.

Anyone else care to name drop?

roadkill

·
Registered
446 Posts
Working as a Valet/Bellman in Denver back in 2000 I got to drive most of the Denver Bronco's cars. They stayed at the Inverness Hotel before every home game. most of them were very nice and great people Terrell Davis, Ed Mccaffery, John Elway (duchebag) they would also call us in the morning to pull their cars around and have them warmed up. Thats the closest I have been to celeberties. Also, Pres Clinton stayed there when he visited Denver in 1999, but I never acctually got to see him in person.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I've been skeet shooting with Brad Benson of the 80's NY Giants (Superbowl Champs) back in like '87, and last week I hung out with the guitarist (and gave him a ride back to his car) from Trans Syberian Orchestra at the local bar.

I know I've had some other 'brushes' over the years, but they escape me right now. lol

·
Registered
788 Posts
Back in the day I used to know the band 311 really well. I have also hung out with Pennywise and Lagwagon. We used to play with them a lot. I have also gotten to know Nick Mangold because my brother in law kicked for Alter and Nick was the center on the team before getting drafted by the Jets.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I design trusses for houses and just got done with Ben Leber's new shack a couple months ago. Ben's the starting outside linebacker of for the Vikings. I also designed the trusses for Jim Kleinsasser's house about 5 years ago. Another Viking. Once I was in the Richfield, MN Best Buy and Dante Culpepper walked by me in the video game aisle. That was back when Dante was an NFL Quaterback. He's sunken since then.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
So I met Cliff Floyd (nice guy did signing at work), Keyshawn Johnson(a hole he had a car from us), Mark Meisser (giants game tailgated with him..very cool), Wyclef Jean(funny guy sold him navigator), John Starks (did signing), Kenny Daneyko (navigator from us), Paulie from the Sopranos (Tony Sirico he was the meanest jerk to my Aunt) my lastest and my most memorable was Brandon Jacobs in a parking lot (he told me I smelled good) he caught me taking pictures of his hootie with 22"...actually opened the car to show me the interior...

I know I am messing so more players but cant remember at this moment..
Oh and Tony Meola is my 3rd cousin he is a SUPER nice guy!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know no one probably remembers the Funks that use to wrestle in the 70's but I use to know Terry and Dory Funk a couple of brothers they were really nice to all of us kids at that time man thats been nearly 40 years ago damn I'm getting old:cry::cry:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have a few. My good friend Ashley's (I call her koopster the poopster cuz her last name is Koopman) older sister was a make up artist and was the number 1 artist for Mariah Carey, so when I was in HS, Ash's family dragged me along to NYC to see a show of Carey's and afterwards I got to eat with her and at the time BF Jeter....iwas like "ash, that dude is Derek Jeter, holy shit", but I was too pussy to say anything to him. So when we were all done, we had a limo ride back to the hotel, and he gave Ash and I both autographed Jerseys b/c neither of us interrupted him at dinner (I imagine the gf had something to do with it), that whole time I was like IDK who the hell she is, just that she is a singer. Is that sad I knew him and not her?
My friend in Charleston, SC is a manager for a country radio station, and she called me up one day asking me if I could pick up someone from the airport for her and meet her at the studio. I said sure. Picked up this guy named frank, went to the studio, and met willie nelson, in which frank was one of his good friends. Lorraine, my friend, was 110% christian, but when Willie offered her weed right in front of me, she coudn't refuse. B/c of her, I have been to 7 Willie concerts, and met him 5 times, and he is the dirtiest old man I have ever known.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
michelle rodriguez is my half sister.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Jason Micheal Carroll use to work for me. We were pretty good friends for a while then he got big and I haven't heard much out of him since, The last time I talked to him was the last time he played "The LongBranch"

Also my uncle had classes with Sandra Bullock at ECU, But I never met her " I was a little young back then"

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Also my uncle had classes with Sandra Bullock at ECU, But I never met her " I was a little young back then"
LOL, that reminds me of this guy on my boat. His Aunt was Hillary Swank, and I kept telling him I didn't believe him, no matter how many pics he showed me of him with her, and he was like what dont you believe...I was like that she is your aunt. She looks like a dude so maybe more like your uncle :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bro what part of long beach did you grow up in?
If you are asking me... I grew up in north west Long Beach. Wardlow rd. and Magnolia ave. area. Right between the 710 and the 405... except I grew up there before the 405 was built and during it's construction. But have lived ALL over the city... LB blvd and Market, Walnut ave, 1st and Falcon, 3rd and Falcon... etc.

roadkill

P.S. To be exact... 608 W. 38th Street.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bon Jovi stayed with my Aunt and Uncle for a few days when he was first starting out. My sis has pics with him along with all my other girl cousins. I was only about 3 when all this took place.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
One of my buddies is Clay Guida, Lightweight UFC fighter. Not super famous but it is still pretty cool. He is in the new UFC game that just came out as well. It is kinda weird having a long time friend and end up playing his character on a video game as well

·
Registered
187 Posts
In high school, I sat beside Chris kilmore, dj for the band Incubus. Years back, I was a manager at a restaurant and a server there was the sister of Bret Michaels. He came in so that she could show off, WHAT A DICK!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts