Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why not? It isn`t that hard to add lights and a speedo, They have a high enough top speed for highways, not that anyone would want to hold their rpms that high for long. It would be cool to run some errands around town on the xx though. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
That would be suicide in the US

·
Registered
150 Posts
actually i highly doubt they will let u, but u can call ur state offices and find someone to ask permission to do so. everyone from everystate should give it a try see if someone tells u u can.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I know some states you can. In Texas, you can't. I think if you stayed OFF the highway, it'd be ok. I'd want different gearing though lol. I'd go back to a 14t maybe even a 15t

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would love to have a street -legal quad! The only thing that would give me second thoughts about buying one, would be the safety factor. Like a motorcycle, theres not that much protection if you get in a collision or some other kind of bad predicament . Also people here in NJ mostly drive like lunatics .:nuts:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I would love to have a street -legal quad! The only thing that would give me second thoughts about buying one, would be the safety factor. Like a motorcycle, theres not that much protection if you get in a collision or some other kind of bad predicament . Also people here in NJ mostly drive like lunatics .:nuts:
Probably the NJ drivers are as crazy as the California drivers. Knowing that, there is no way I'd get out there on my quad with other drivers who drive like me. No thanks, I'll ride on trails where I don't have to worry about the crazy 18 wheeler going 70mph... right at me.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think you can Make a quad street legal in Arizona.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I`m thinking more along the federal side of things rather than state level. I agree, I don`t think I would want to ride just anywhere, but I live in a rural area and it would be cool to ride to the store, bank, the honda shop ect...

·
Registered
537 Posts
If they would let me I would ride it locally on the street. I think in all but major city environments it should be legal if all proper safety equipment was in place.

·
Registered
150 Posts
yup and it would help the whole gas situation out. how can 4 wheels u can sit on b more dangerous than 2 wheels u can naturally tip over on

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
No one said it was more dangerous than a motorcycle, Motorcycle accidents support not allowing atv's on public roads. I would ride mine in town at times if allowed but on the same note would vote against allowing it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why would you vote against it? Would you vote against riding any type of bike on the street?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
No I wouldn't want to change any current laws. I've had street bikes and believe they have there place on the streets unlike atv's in general. My main concern is the amount of children that have access to atv's.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It is legal with the proper gear in AZ, and south dakota if you are a resident.I don't think it is legal in Va, Not that I would want to do it if it was.

·
Registered
243 Posts
No I wouldn't want to change any current laws. I've had street bikes and believe they have there place on the streets unlike atv's in general. My main concern is the amount of children that have access to atv's.
The children who have access to ATV's would not be able to ride them on the streets without proper licensing, just as they are not allowed to drive/ride anything else on public roads.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
So they can have the cake but not eat it is what your saying in a play of words. Here son... You can ride it in the yard but not on the road, Allot of children would end up hurt. They already have 6-10 yr olds running off in vehicles every week on the news. It may be convenient and doable in small populations, but in large city's it wouldn't work.
Next... The noise. You know every other person has to have the loudest exhaust they can get. Noise level restrictions or not, In my hometown no one would sleep with the busy nightlife of braap braaap braap from corner to corner.

·
Registered
243 Posts
They can allready ride them in the yard but not in the streets, and as you said they are allready getting hurt. So, making quads street leagal would not change anything. Also, the noise problem would be no different then it is with street motorcycles. There are laws as to how loud your street legal vehicle can be. I don't believe there would be a mad rush of quads on the street if it were legal. People would have to properly license them, have the proper wheels on them and reduce the noise level to meet the local laws.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
agh, Its just my opinion. One vote here to not allow it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts