Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got mine about a month ago with around 5 hours on it. IMHO it just needs to be ridden. Mine seemed to smooth out by about 10 hours. Your bike is not "broke in" so follow the owners manual for break in operations and go ride the thing for a few hours. I think you will find the same thing.

:xx:

Don’t take this sarcastically but I am just another keyboard expert so don’t trust my word.

:hey:

You will however find lots of great info on this forum just like I do most every day. Lots of guys here have been riding these XX'x since they first came out and they have great experiance to share.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
04honda,
Sounds great! These engines tend to be noisy. After you get some hours on it you will forget about the "noise" and just enjoy that great machine. By-the-way when you get your helmet on the noise is hardly noticeable.:lol:
Sid

·
Registered
197 Posts
Normal, especially when new. Mine does this and tends to get a little quieter when i pull in the clutch. I prob. got close to 20 hrs on mine with no problems alway run 93 octane to prevent spark knock as the bikes tend to run a little hot.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I only wish mine sounded like that.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
5wop3 Have you had problems?
Sure have. Had a random ticking on top of the head. Stealer rebuilt motor. Still ticked. Just put new cam with new decompressioner and cam chain tensioner... Still ticked. Dropped it off at a different dealership yesterday. No loss in performance but it shouldn't be ticking.

Search my name to find my threads and video

·
Registered
197 Posts
No ticking isn't normal are the valve springs in check, kinda sounds like a spring could be weak or cracked causing slow return of a valve. I'm assuming the tick is in the top end so to me sounds valve related. You also might check the oil pump function, I had one go bad in a Suzuki once and it ticked and evetually, it no longer ticked it went...well, BooM.... :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts